Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pots That Keep Food Hot
  • eskay

I have bought two ‘pots’ recently that are meant to keep food hot but both of them are pretty crap and only keep it hot for about an hour.

Is there anything better out there?

Stoner
    Free Member

Have you tried an Aladdin bento box?

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve got this one and it works well in builder winter wonderland.
    Thermos
    You can take this as a genuine review as I actually use it regular.
    Soup if not opened until lunch time is still hot, if you have some earlier it does suffer a little due to the air space you create by eating some of it.
    Pasta same scenario but not as hot initially i presume due to the space again between the food.
    All in all spot on when working outside or for days out walking etc.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

This Thermos Stainless Food Flask it’s the best!

I tried many others and got one of this after googling for the best food flask, it gets great reviews (this was the first link that came up so you might find it cheaper) others I tried failed, food/soup in it in the morning and it would be warm by lunchtime, with this one it was too hot to eat, I stopped pre-heating it as there was no need, food still hot by the end of the day, it’s the best you can buy, end of!

zilog6128

mattyd
    Free Member
    eskay

Stoner – Member

Have you tried an Aladdin bento box?

I have an Aladdin one (slightly different shape to that one) and it only keeps the food hot for about and hour max.

I think I will try one of the Thermos flasks mentioned above next!

Stoner
    Free Member

aha. My wife has one, but she tends to heat food in a microwave at work in one and then take it to her desk.

I had a steel thermos flask but it’s lost its vacuum after hardly any time so is useless now.

wwaswas

Keeping food at just the right temperature for bacteria to breed unchecked for long periods? I’m out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes tomato soup is a killer!!!

Clobber
    Free Member

Bento also has a flaw in the lid, it has a hole with a rubber bung which goes missing leaving a tiny aperture which is impossible to clean.

I left mine for a month (cleaned) and it now has a nice culture growing out of the hole on the inside of the lid…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pots That Keep Food Hot’ is closed to new replies.