Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Potentially selling my Cannondale Prophet, to paint or not to paint?
    Free Member

Hi,

I'll soon be getting my 06 Cannondale Prophet sent away to either Argos Cycles or BETD for a repair of the BB shell.

Once it's repaired, i'd like to sell it on as it's not much use to me down here. My question is, would it be wise to have the frame painted – the current paintwork is in pretty good condition but it black, and with the current trend not being stealth black, I am unsure as to whether it would either be more saleable or whether I would recoup any of the investment made in painting it?

I'd look to be selling as a complete bike.

Any thoughts on what a complete bike would go for? Lefty max, Manitou Swinger 4x way air shock, CK rear wheel, XT crank/mechs and Hayes 9's.

thanks in advance,
    jt

Splash-man
    Free Member

I doubt you would recoup the money to be honest.

I would leave it as original and if the new owner wants to have it painted they can do, but in their choice of colour not yours.

I would much prefer to buy a used frame where I can see the damage rather than one that has just been painted to hide the scars !

Splash-man
    Free Member

Oh forgot to say – I would sell as a frame and forks and split the rest.

Just my opinion of course 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

A frame painted just before selling would make me wonder what you were trying to hide under there. Maybe I'm just overly suspicious. Leave it as it is.

speaker2animals

You won't get anymore for it freshly painted so you will lose money. as stated above some people rightly or wrongly will wonder if there is something to hide/been hidden.

jimcollins67
    Free Member

I'm selling my epic frame which has a few chips on it, what i've done is order touch up paint from the local specialized dealer and supplying this with the frame for the buyer to touch up, and being honest about the chips and not wanting anyone to think that i'm hiding any frame damage..

Free Member

Thanks chaps, i'll leave well alone then.

It's in great condition other than the soon-to-be-repaired bb threads.

jt

gothandy

Agree with not painting. Colour is a personal thing. What size is the frame?

sheffgee
    Free Member

are you still selling it? what size is it?

MikeL
    Free Member

Hi – I would also be interested in the frame – what size is it?

Mike

mangoridebike

Hijack – sorry OP

I've got a medium '06 prophet frame I'm going to put on the classifieds this weekend once I've taken pics of it. drop me an email (in profile) if you're interested

keppoch

Interested in OP frame if it is a Large. e-mail in profile. Thanks. keppoch

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Potentially selling my Cannondale Prophet, to paint or not to paint?’ is closed to new replies.