Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Potential STW group ride Kirrie/Mabie 25th/26th Sept
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Well folks, this weekend (i.e. 25th/26th) I will be celebrating the end of my MSc, and will also be getting ready to emigrate to Brazil. I may have to be away the following weekend, so just thought I would suggest this weekend for a group ride. Kirroughtree on 25th, and then Mabie 26th. Pace strictly laid back, very sociable.

Last year's ride at Kirroughtree and Dalbiettie looked something like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157622336609883/

(Although many of you will have seen these already).

So could those who are interested let me know if this is a good weekend. The alternative date was 2nd/3rd Oct but I may have to be down in London with a job interview. It's all a bit up in the air so apologies for not being able to comit to a date right now. But this is a chance to see if people would be up for another weekender as last year was just fab.

Goes without saying all welcome, and yes, there could be karaoke on Saturday night 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

May I be so bold as to bump as I don't want a farewell ride on my own!

I will probably give this a bump on Tuesday in case people have gone off for the weekend.

Ta!

forge197
    Free Member

I can do the 25th but need to be over in Peebles around 5pm.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah Forge, an alternative would be do ride Kirroughtree on the Sunday. If we leave Mabie around 11 (in order to allow people to get there), would that be any good? You could always leave a bit early if need be.

forge197
    Free Member

I don't mind Kirri on the Saturday I can ride until I need to scoot back. Let's see whose up for it first and then work that bit out.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ok – see you tomorrow! Maybe it will be just us two then but hey – more than just me is a STW group ride in my book 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Agree see you tomorrow 🙂

davy-g
    Free Member

hey guys.. I can do Kirrie on the Sat/Sun (whichever day you decide), I will send the link to a few of the guys that were there last year…. 8)

robgarrioch

Think I'll be up for one of the days, probably Saturday, whichever trail yer doing – haven't been round Mabie, and love KTree, so either would be good.

(provided nothing crops up 'twixt now and then…)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well another idea is maybe just do Mabie on the Saturday, but do the off piste stuff then rejoin. I have just got back after a 2 hour ride with Forge, and we barely touched the red at all. There's some gorgeous natural stuff in there! (This may have to be an option for me in case I have to drive to London on the Sunday for a job interview).

craig1975
    Free Member

count me in…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Craig – excellent – I think this could well be more of a single big day out at Mabie due to me going down south on Sunday. I am going there tomorrow to take some photos of all the natural bits.

It's nice for me to have a final ride there as Mabie was where I first went "mountain biking" on my Falcoln Stealth clunking rigid hybrid5 years ago. 🙂

craig1975
    Free Member

Mabie is a favourite of mine.. was the first trail center i went to.. i love the place.. I ride it once or twice a month.. but have yet to take Trekster up on a off Piste trek around there… this could be the perfect opportunity.. I'm looking forward to it… 🙂

Trekster

if I can hold onto the bars with more than 3 fingers by then I may be up for this, although I might be working, al depends on the medics 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

if you make it the week after and at GT, i'll be there anyway 🙂

Trekster

week after is dalbeattie hardrock challenge 😀

tandemwarriors

Might be able to make for the first annual reunion!! Will consult the diary……

Northwind

Sounds great, I think I'm doing the uplift at innerleithen the day before though so it's likely I'll be completely destroyed. Perhaps literally :mrgreen: Love kirroughtree and Mabie's well worth the visit too, especially if you can get someone who knows all the off-piste stuff I've heard about. Drumlanrig's just up the road too, I reckon combining Mabie and Drum would be a good day's ride (I did Mabie and Ae last time, which was also pretty good)

househusband

I might be up for this..! Not been to K'tree in ages.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi folks

I was thinking about all of this last night and it now looks as if I will need to go down to London for the 24th and stay over the weekend. I will then be down in Devon the next weekend and not too sure where I will be after that!

So hang fire for now and let's see if I can get my act together for early or mid October (although I may need a lift as I could have no car by then).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Potential STW group ride Kirrie/Mabie 25th/26th Sept’ is closed to new replies.