Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • pot noodle?
  • ton

food of the devil or surprisingly tasty and satisfying emergency delight?

just had a Chinese chow mein and it was ace.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If I was stranded on a desert island with my wife, my 3 kids, my dog and a pot noodle……….. The dog and i’d eat the pot noodle last.*

* Not really. I actually quite like the Sweet and Sour one and the Chow Mein.

Bombay Bad Boy – not so much.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Id eat the plastic tub first, then your wife, the kids can wait until the end of the week, the dog can go get help.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d eat ton. He’d last ages.
    Haven’t had a pot noodle since mum used to leave em for us in the school holidays.

teasel
    Free Member

Food of the god (Mercury) IME – fast to assemble and fast to eat – I mean, who needs cutlery; you can just drink the bloody thing*.

I can knock up some fried chicken (pre-cooked, frozen and defrosted) and egg noodles with an additional 2 mins cooking and prep for a quick meal so don’t eat them these days.

*Edit : Okay, a tad misleading. A fork can be useful for guiding the slop away from the edges of your mouth as it slips in.

ThePinkster

Terrible stuff, especially since the noodle bar opened down the road from work – theirs are excellent.

chip
    Free Member

They do pot pasta now too, yum yum

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat one but if it was that or nothing then I’d wolf it down.

paladin

pot noodle is

food

?

chip
    Free Member

Pot noodles can be meated out a bit by adding a packet of crisps of your choice.

ton

pot noodle sarnie is also a tasty treat

except the Bombay badboy flavour

nickhit3
    Free Member

Pot noodles can be meated out a bit by adding a packet of crisps of your choice.

who are you? Marco Pierre White?

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Taste ok outdoors preferably at altitude, not so much at home

Bombay bad boy for the win!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

must be accompanied by a good dollop of encona

kelvin

Hungy now.

teethgrinder

Food of the Gods. At least the chicken and mushroom King Pot is.

The King Pots taste different (but better) than the regular-sized pots. All are very sensitive to the amount of water added. NEVER fill to the line – always fill to 2mm over the level of the noodle after first using the fork to push it down.

I have one waiting for me at home tonight.

Klunk
    Free Member

quite fond of korean pot poodle.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I just have noodles. Cheaper and you can add whatever sauces you fancy. Just a chilli sauce or just soy and sesame oil with some chilli flakes.

rOcKeTdOg

used to love beef and tomato, it was always my tea of choice when my parents went out and i was left to fend for myself as a teen

rOcKeTdOg

nickhit3 – Member
    who are you? Marco Pierre White?

keyboard coffee interface via nose 😆

disco_stu
    Free Member

I used to love Chicken & Mushroom pot noodles nowadays I tend to pick up some instant noodles whenever I go into Birmingham city centre from the various Asian supermarkets that are dotted about.
    NongShim Ramyun noodles are the current favorites, the Kimchi ones are pretty good as well though not as spicy.

rascal
    Free Member

Fleeting satisfaction for a few seconds after eating it.
    Feel like I’ve corrupted myself almost immediately after…and I don’t mean sh*tting myself 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

I alternated between a pot noodle and 2 tubes of pringles and two pot noodles and a tube of pringles every day for six months on one of my tours of Bosnia, still love them. That said I love kebabs when I’m sober too 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

I like these korean ones

jonnyboi

Perfect endurance food. There’ll be about a million eaten at relentless this weekend

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I always eat a king size pot noodle beforehand if I’m doing a long bike ride, there’s probably a lot better stuff out there but I’ve found them one of the best things to keep me going.

Has to be beef and tomato with less water than you’re meant to use and an extra dollop of tomato sauce 😆

blader1611
    Free Member

I stopped eating them when they ceased to do the chicken curry pot rice, now that was outstanding poured over potato waffles and then in to bread for sarnies,pre football match meal that.

burko73

Always had a couple of beef and tomato stuffed behind the seat in our old van when we worked in the wilds of the Welsh forests. Who knew when you’d need emergency supplemental nutrition due to extra work, fires, snow or someone’s stolen your car battery…

Old Coleman gas stove and kettle were always under the drivers seat with some teabags and dried milk with the cup a soup and pot noodle stash.

They’re sort of cold weather comfort food to me but eaten very rarely now.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I like the Beef and Tomato ones, but they make me feel rough for about 4 hours afterwards.

Kabuto’s where it’s at for me these days.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

used to love beef and tomato, it was always my tea of choice when my parents went out and i was left to fend for myself as a teen

I regular binned the home-cooked meal that my mum had left for me and had a pot noodle instead.

shermer75
    Free Member

Amazing stuff. best eaten withh white bread + marj

Junkyard
    Free Member

they are all vegetarian and most of them are vegan

Still would not eat one

ton

Junkyard – lazarus
    they are all vegetarian and most of them are vegan

Still would not eat one

and why does that not suprise me…….. 😆

dudeofdoom

Mmmmm beef an tomato for me with a round of welll buttered toast.

Kuco

I stopped eating them when they ceased to do the chicken curry pot rice, now that was outstanding

Wish they would bring that one back.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Can’t knock a noodle, I like to make mine a bit wetter so there’s a good slurp of salty goodness in the bottom, chicken and mushroom all the way

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anyone else scared to ask how he makes it more liquidy and salty 😯

dantsw13

In Tokyo, where I spend a bit of time , there is a pot noodle museum!! You can design & make your own flavour!!

Northwind

I can’t eat proper pot noodles but I do like a crystal noodle cup- ideal for when you get back to a hotel and only have a kettle but can’t be arsed to go get food

revs1972
    Free Member

Now I like a Pot Noodle as much as the next man, but I had the misfortune to try a mac n cheese one not so long ago. ”Twas absolutely gopping

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘pot noodle?’ is closed to new replies.