Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Postmen to deliver 22 million copies of the Sun (WTF)
  • marcus7
    Free Member

I’m just leaving a note on my door for the postie (who is a good lad) to drop it straight into the recycling bin which I’ll leave next to the door. Easy really, I’ve a feeling I won’t be alone….

ninfan
    Free Member

Interfering with the mail by delaying delivery

Six months in the nick isn’t it?

AdamW
    Free Member

Would have thought the outraged people will be stopping their Sky subscriptions to seeing that its part of the Murdoch empire!

I’m a teensy bit outraged (well not really). I have never had, nor will ever have, a Sky subscription for the very reason is that it is owned by Murdoch/Fox. Am I allowed to be a bit more outraged now?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

More delivery offices are not delivering the sun, united we stand and all that

maccruiskeen

I’m guessing a copy of the sun weighs about 400gm. If we all posted the 22 million free copies on to one address that would be between 8000 and 9000 tons arriving on someones doorstep all in on go. You could send it all back to NI, but maybe someone else would actually great appreciate the donation

Thats a hell of a lot of papier mache / biomass / tits.

hora
    Free Member

Give the business mail/work to TNT etc instead.

edhornby

has anyone found a freepost address for News International yet? 😀

maccruiskeen

recycling your old sky equipment perhaps.

Although I prefer the idea of a giant burning effigy. Perhaps post it to Anthony Gormley, I don’t mind paying for a stamp

binners

Righty ho… When you get your copy of the Sun tomorrow, you can post it back to:

FREEPOST
    The Sun
    London
    E98 1AX

marky29er
    Free Member

Thanks, but I expect I will flick though it, lament the lack of boobies on page 3 these days (less important now I have the internet), then recycle it.

llama

Honest question, and I’m by no means attempting to justify anything, or fan flames.

Wasn’t how the Sun reported Hillsborough due in large part to information fed to them from a system (police/government/fa) trying to cover it’s own arse?

Reported in extremely questionable taste and in an understandably offensive manner, as are most other things in the Sun.

timc
    Free Member

Don’t worry, we dont like Yorkshire Police either 😐

grum
    Free Member

My postie apologised for having to deliver it, as he did when delivering UKIP leaflets. Good old Hebden Bridge. 🙂

binners

Wasn’t how the Sun reported Hillsborough due in large part to information fed to them from a system (police/government/fa) trying to cover it’s own arse?

Kelvin McKenzie, lowlife slime ball that he is, happily published, in the most inflammatory style possible, the ‘facts’ as told to him by his mates in the Police (who, as you noted, were involved in a desperate arse-covering exercise). He didn’t bother to check any facts, verify them independently in any way, or consult anyone who might hold differing views. He just splashed it all over the front pages, then in a move beyond irony, given its nature as the very opposite of investigative journalism, labelled it THE TRUTH

Since doing this, both he and the whole Murdoch machine has not shown an ounce of contrition or remorse for the obvious upset they knew this would cause. They are scum! Simple as that!

crankboy
    Free Member

llama yes questionable police activity and Sun reporting go hand in glove together .It is strange how the Sun are always the willing accomplice to this sort of thing fanning the flames spreading lies when no other paper does this . That is why many people hold them to account they are not unwitting naïve and misled they are enthusiastic liars ready to slander and hurt with no sense of responsibility .

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve only just seen this – although skim-reading above suggests this has been a ‘hot one’.

It’ll just be another newspaper to scrunch up and stuff in my riding shoes to dry them out. No more, no less.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i flicked through the copy the postie delivered, a load of drivel from/about:

kelly brook
    james corden
    tony parsons
    robbie williams
    jeremy clarkson
    rod liddel

amazed that people pay to read this crap.

dannyh
    Free Member

amazed that people pay to read this crap.

Me too, mind you the Sun is very niche these days for me. It used to double as shoe drying material and chip paper, but now its uses have been halved………

timc
    Free Member

dannyh – Member
    No more, no less.

I wonder if you would say that if the same accusations were made against you or your friends & family. I doubt it somehow.

bamboo
    Free Member

This could be internet rubbish but if you believe this then it could cost The Sun an awful amount of money

4 billion fine?

bencooper
    Free Member

Aye, just saw that – please, please could some bored lawyers get on to that?

dannyh
    Free Member

dannyh – Member
    No more, no less.

I wonder if you would say that if the same accusations were made against you or your friends & family. I doubt it somehow.

I was trying to convey my disdain for The Sun by saying I would merely find some use for it. I could have said I would have wiped my arse on it if you like and I bet you wouldn’t have had a pop.

OK then, in seeking to illustrate how low an opinion I have of that squalid little comic – I will use it as toilet paper instead.

Please don’t go looking to take offence at a turn of phrase – believe it or not I agree with you sentiments with regard to the reporting around Hillsborough.

mudshark
    Free Member

I didn’t get one 🙁

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Straight from postbox to recycling bin, averted my eyes, still clean.

Klunk
    Free Member

straight in the recycling, hateful dire shit.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Guess where I work? I’ll keep an eye out tomorrow and see what their mail delivery looks like…
    🙂

wwaswas

It appears that Labour aren’t courting the Liverpool vote this time;

although the swivel eyed loon mandate is as good as theirs.

jimw
    Free Member

I happened to have a parcel that needed signing for, postie was very apologetic offering me a copy of the Sun. I said no thanks and he showed me the state of his hands and the marks all over the post from handling all of the poorly printed newsprint. He was not a happy bunny as he said it was all over the inside of his van as well.

daftvader
    Free Member

after delivering over 600 of the bloody things today I am absolutely bloody filthy and so is everyone else I work with. to all those complaining about getting them… you only have to walk to your recycle bin, we have to carry them to every sodding house 👿

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It appears to be the case that literacy is no longer a qualification required to work for the Royal Mail.
    How else can the fact I received the unwelcome turd given away by the News International empire, otherwise known as The Sun, through my letterbox be explained?
    I left a note for the postman reading “NO SUN HERE PLEASE” taped to the door, only to find on my return that nasty little rag awaiting me. Fortunately I know how to handle such hazardous material, having seen the old ‘Protect and Survive’ films dealing with the disposal of contaminated objects; so read and learn.

You will need four strong plastic sacks. if those are unavailable you may improvise with supermarket carrier bags; just be aware that they may have small anti-suffocation holes that will have to be covered with sticky tape. Once you have your bags proceed as follows.
    Set aside one bag for the last stage of the process. Now take the other three bags and approach the copy of The Sun. Working quickly but carefully place each hand in a bag and pick the copy up by the edge, being careful not to let any loose pages scatter. Transfer the copy into the third bag and securly knot the top. Ideally it is best to use a long pair of tongs, ready made or improvised for that stage of the process, but if unavailable limited use of your hands is acceptable.
    Now transfer that bag into the fourth bag you set aside earlier, then turning the other bags inside out as you do so, and not touching the outside with your fingers, place both bags within the fourth bag, and securely knot the top. Now holding the top of the bag at arms length, carry the bag out of your home and dispose of it as far away from human habitation or water sources as possible. Burial in a deep pit is an ideal method of disposal. Once disposed of, give your hands and lower arms a good washing in soap and running water; and stay well clear of the place the Sun landed.
    Remember that short term exposure to the products of News International is survivable without adverse long-term effects; you should recover from any exposure quickly; but the effects of such propaganda are cumulative.
    REMEMBER: TAKE GREAT CARE TO KEEP IT OUT OF YOUR HOME AND MIND!

Cougar

Send it back to them. The FREEPOST address is earlier in the thread.

project
    Free Member

Either our delivery office is refusinfg as are some on merseyside, or the postman had dumped the lot in the bin, or a neighbour had nicked them all.

Jamie
    Free Member

How else can the fact I received the unwelcome turd given away by the News International empire, otherwise known as The Sun, through my letterbox be explained?

They probably read this thread, and thought **** ’em 😀

It appears that Labour aren’t courting the Liverpool vote this time;

Bless him. He really can’t do photos, can he?

They really picked the wrong brother.

marcus7
    Free Member

Didn’t get one…. 😀 must be in a chosen area!!! I feel blessed…

stumpyjon

No we didn’t either and I wanted one. The pile of newspaper to line the guinea pig hutch is getting low.

postierich
    Free Member

We have today and tomorrow to deliver them!

dannybgoode

Can’t wait to put my copy straight in the recycling (I assume its coming tomorrow as it didn’t today).

I really object to having such tat foisted upon me – there’s a reason I don’t nip across the road each day and buy The Sun and that’s because its shit.

Having a free copy shoved through my letter box is not going to change my buying habits…

crankboy
    Free Member

“We have today and tomorrow to deliver them!”

and all next week to take them back :-
    FREEPOST
    The Sun
    London
    E98 1AX

marcus7
    Free Member

I feel less blessed now 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Postmen to deliver 22 million copies of the Sun (WTF)’ is closed to new replies.