Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Postman!
  • eth3er
    Free Member

I'm working from home today. Letters drop through the mailbox, a little while later another piece of drops. I get up to go see what bills, coupons and pizza menus I have today. Among these is a "Sorry you were out"..I was sitting in the lounge. Didn't even bother to knock. What's with that?

yamyamblade
    Free Member

happened all the time with us, one particular postie couldn't be arsed to bring out the parcels so just chanced it, had a quick word with him and all sorted now even leaves them with the neighbours

postierich
    Free Member

Sorry to upset you boys but any Postman failing to take out his packets will be coducted for wilful delay of mail(sackable),last thing we want to do is write out the 739 cards and chance it with our customers.
    It has happened in some of the major cities due to the quality of postman being employed and not having the equipment to do the job correctly.
    If you feel it has happened hop on your bike to your local delivery office and complain to a Manager and no one else you will have to be quick though as they normally creep off home as soon as the last postperson is out the door.

Rich

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Happens here all the time. Package left on the doorstep or a 'you were out' if it needs a signature. Never knocks

surfer
    Free Member

Just to redress the balance!

My postie is great, always makes sure I get my stuff and signs for packages if required and posts a note to say its stashed around the back.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Mine is usually very helpful and, as above, will hide it and slip a note through. But it does pose a problem if its electronic goods and it's raining. So I get stuff like that delivered to work.

eth3er
    Free Member

POSTMAN NEVER RANG ONCE 🙂 I found it odd is all, normally they knock and the usual postie is a chill dude.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Many of them just don't bring the parcel with them as it would be too much to carry and it's easier to just make you go and collect it, they'll be very quiet about putting the card through as they don't want you to answer and catch them out.

iain1775
    Free Member

yup happened to me all over christams on at least 6 different occasions

jupiter
    Free Member

Perhaps he/she did knock or ring the bell but you were too busy pinching off a loaf or pulling your pud in front of the computer, and didn't hear.

highclimber
    Free Member

I had that happen to me last week. Sat at home, my mailbox is downstairs. There is an intercom to see if anyone's in. I get a card under my door saying I wasn't in! I work from home so that's impossible. I went to pick up the parcel an it soon became apparent that it was unlikely that he would have had the parcel as it was quite large. Too big for his messenger bag! I was fuming

ChrisL

When I was a summer relief postman larger packets went out in a van while smaller ones went out with the regular deliveries. Therefore it may not be your regular postman who was unable or unwilling to deliver the parcel.

On one occasion I came outside to demonstrate to the postman who had just delivered a "while you were out" card that I was in fact in. He said he was delivering it on behalf of the postie in the van, who'd been unable to get access earlier in the day. I had actually been in all day but if it was the case then complaining to the postie in front of me wasn't going to do much good…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Postman!’ is closed to new replies.