Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posting tyres
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Has anyone posted tyres since the recent restructuring of the postage system? If so, how much does it cost to post a non folding tyre?

GolfChick
    Free Member

have you tried using MyHermes? check its within their restricted size and then it should be fairly cheap. Tried to post some bars and royal mail wanted £12… ridiculous!

sandwicheater

Yeah, posted a pair last month. They were not happy but accepted for £9 ish.

Coyote
    Free Member

£12 for a pair of tyres.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

Try collect plus , they’ve just upped their maximum size

feisty
    Free Member

I sent a 9kg 29er unicycle in a box as big as a washing machine (had as deep) for £14 with added insurance with parcel force 48hr, what the hell are you lot using???

chakaping
    Free Member

I sent a 9kg 29er unicycle in a box as big as a washing machine (had as deep) for £14 with added insurance with parcel force 48hr, what the hell are you lot using???

Have you send any tyres though?

Otherwise go and post in the unicycle postage costs thread.

😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh, and about £13 for two quite hefty folders.

Not worth posting them anymore really, might as well just hoard them instead.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

just lie about the dimensions on the parcel2go whatever site, just say its a small box weighs 100g

no one ever checks, sent hundreds of items like this,

should be anymore than a fiver

takisawa2

Those posting non folding tyres…you do “wind them up” before packaging I assume…?
    Can fit in quite a small box if you do.

We watched a chap at work open a box of cheap wire bead Gazalodi’s from Merlin once. Was like a jack in a box. They all flew out all over the place. The chaps at Merlin must have known what would happen. 🙂

mushrooms
    Free Member

Just over £13 for two wire DH tires folded up inside a few large plastic bags. 😯

boxfish
    Free Member

Tried to post some bars and royal mail wanted £12… ridiculous!

What sort of bars? I recently posted a couple of riser bars, 2nd class with a signature required on delivery. Both times I was charged the rate for a small parcel – £3.70

boxfish
    Free Member

Double post 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Posting tyres’ is closed to new replies.