Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posting to Germany (warranty return) – who/cheap?
  • hora
    Free Member

I need a Swift/Ban(?) number too apparently. Who is cost effective etc?

scotroutes

Your SWIFT/IBAN number may be shown on your internet accounts screen. If not, just phone your bank.

Carbone
    Free Member

ipostparcels.com always been good for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

If it’s a warranty return, the onus is on the seller to cover return postage unless their T&Cs say otherwise.

hora
    Free Member

The bikeshop said they’ll reimburse but could I do my best to keep the costs to a min of course (which is true). So no UPS 🙂

Doh1Nut

I bought a reverb from Germany but got it warrantied in UK by getting a local bike shop to send it off to the UK service centre for me – I paid their postage.

might be less hassle

scotroutes

Why aren’t the bike shop sending it back for you? They’ll likely have an account with a courier company that will be cheaper than you doing it as a one-off.

binners

Yet another warranty claim? What’ve you broken now then? Another set of forks? How is it you always get the one Friday afternoon pair of a product nobody else ever has any problems with?

For a while its been annoying me trying to think who you remind me of, but its just come to me…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnLMAT5UCt0[/video]

It is you!!! 😀

hora
    Free Member

2014 SLX rear brake. Lever goes back to the bars, fluid is grey/contaminated and escapes from ‘who knows where’

binners

Aaaaaah … the notoriously shonky and unreliable Shimano SLX? Thats what you get for buying obc=scure, niche, boutique stuff 😀

Can you not get in touch with Shimano over here? Seems a bit mad having to send something back to Germany thats one of the most common or garden parts ever made*

*that nobody else ever has any problems with

DrJ

What is it with UK banks and BIC/IBAN numbers ? Some of them act like they’re state secrets 🙁

andytherocketeer

Mine is printed on the bank statement (but only once I did an international transfer). Online banking thing had a menu item to say what it was too.

German one written on my bank card.

dashed
    Free Member

Hope it’s not rosebikes! Lots of empty promises from the UK rep fella (Si was it? Forgotten his name) about reimbursing postage for warranty XT brakes that had to go back. Gave up chasing him in the end and left a sour taste and put me off using Rose ever again. Silly really, if he’d never offered to reimburse postage then I’d not have been so irritated!

Lloyds now have BIC/IBAN number on the main screen of internet banking page…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Posting to Germany (warranty return) – who/cheap?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts