Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posting stuff from Belgium to uk.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

after riding the Tour of Flanders cyclo fatigue must have taken hold and I left my glasses at the hostel I was staying in. The owner has found them and is happy to send them back but doesn’t know which service to use.
    Any ideas?

rOcKeTdOg

no idea, but i lol’d at your forum name

plop_pants
    Free Member

That’s it, mock the afflicted.

DrJ

How valuable are they? Some simple surfing reveals:
    http://www.post.be/taxipost/fr/consumer/index.html
    It will cost about 25 quid to send them by “Taxipost” insured, with track and trace, and signed for.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks DrJ, I did have a look at that site but my French/Flemish isn’t up to much and I haven’t been able to find one in english.

firestarter
    Free Member

when i lived in belgium i just used to nip to the post office . whats wrong with them ?

Marge
    Free Member

The post works just fine.
    Using Taxipost standard it should cost €6.40 for up to 350grams + €14 insurance if you want it (taking the insurance option means you have to also take registered delivery & priority sending).

Should take between 4-10 days…

(did you enjoy the ride? Which did you choose? I rode the 100km MTB)

plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks Marge, that sounds a good one to go with.
    I rode the 250k. Fabulous ride. I’d ridden it for the past 6 years
    and this wzs the best. Really fast to the hills and no incidents on the way. The climbs were all reasonably clear so got up them all. The weather suited me too, temperature was just right. What was your day like. Often thought about doing the mtb ride but its looked very muddy in the past.

Marge
    Free Member

Last year I rode the 140 cyclo and it had been raining in the days before the Ronde. The cobbles were damn slippy and when the MTB route shared the road with the cyclo participants you could see they were plastered in mud.
    This year was bone dry hence able to get round the 100km well under 5 hours.

This year was the first time for the 100km MTB and the route was ok. To be honest it is not so special on the MTB part of the event. We’re just there to make some more profit for the organisers but there are no other MTB events on the Saturday.

If you enjoy your Belgian riding but fancy something on the MTB one of the very best events (without having to travel too far) to ride is the http://www.herdermarathon.be on May 23rd. This takes in many of the same hills as the RvV but uses off-road paths instead of the tarmac. Choice of distances up to 140km with >2700Hm climbing. It costs an amazing €6 to enter with 5 well supplied food stations along the route.

Did you know the RvV sportive will be also available on the Friday next year? There were 19.5k participants on the Sat this year plus up to another 4k on the Friday!

plop_pants
    Free Member

Now that looks a good event!

I thought that there were more this year. Every other year the hills were clear. Last year I was the only one on the Koppenburg when I went up, and also on the Muur. God only knows what it was like doing the shorter routes. There were 3500 on the longer this year so there must have been 16000 streaming out of Meerbeke!!! Good idea to split it over the two days next year, although I guess most will want to go on the saturday so they can watch the pros the next day. Did you watch it anywhere. We went to the Oude Kwaremont, fantastic atmosphere. The poor police really got it, being boo’d remorselessly.

Sooo many people:

ourmaninthenorth

I did the 140km. First time (though I’d done a little riding – including the Koppenberg – when out for the Ghent Six Days last year).

Had a great time and happily cleaned all of the climbs in 39×27, which is pretty damn good for a heavy non-cl;imber like me..! Having started at around 8.30, the climbs were all very busy when I did them. Paterberg and Koppenberg tested the trackstanding skills, and the Kapelmuur was nearly a foot down as someone toppled over in front of me..!

Watched the race at the top of the Kapelmuur with the thousands of other spectators, then joined the mad rush down to the centre of Geraardsbergen to catch the finish on the big screen.

Chapeau for the 250k – one club mate (a Belgian, natch) did the full edition.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Posting stuff from Belgium to uk.’ is closed to new replies.