Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posting Shocks
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Who are people using to post shocks these days?
    Assuming Royal Fail are still a no no..

I used Hermes last time, but noticed their prohibited list has grown..but also a bit vague.

andyl
    Free Member

You could try TNT.

scaredypants

they let you post TNT ? 😯

simonlovell999
    Free Member

i sent a rear shock via royal mail recorded and got delivered fine. just let the air out

Goldigger
    Free Member

Looking at Royal Mails prohibited list..Is this where shocks are being scrutinized?

Gases

Gases that are compressed, liquefied or dissolved under pressure, permanent gases which cannot be liquefied at ambient temperatures, liquefied gases which become liquid under pressure at ambient temperatures, dissolved gases which are dissolved under pressure in a solvent.

1. All flammable compressed gases are prohibited e.g. blowlamps; butane; lighters and refills containing flammable liquid or gas; ethane; gas cylinders for camping stoves; hydrogen; methane and propane.

2. All toxic compressed gases are prohibited e.g. chlorine; fluorine etc.

3. All non-flammable compressed gases are prohibited e.g. air bags; scuba tanks, carbon dioxide; fire extinguishers; neon and nitrogen.

devash
    Free Member

The problem with RM is that you have absolutely no avenue of appeal if they deem your stuff prohibited.

They seem to be actively scanning parcels looking for stuff like shocks, and going by some of the previous threads on here even items that can hold compressed gas but currently don’t (i.e. empty shocks and forks) are being intercepted.

Not worth the risk in my opinion, considering other couriers are the same price, if not cheaper, that RM. I’ve had great experiences with Collect+ and it means that I don’t have to go and queue in the post office for an hour at lunch time.

curvature
    Free Member

Use collect plus or hermes?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Think I’ll use Hermes again..
    Only problem I had with them was posting to remote a remote part of Scotland, the Hermes delivery driver only worked 2 days a week.
    So the shock took longer to get to the buyer..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Posting Shocks’ is closed to new replies.