• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Posting pictures… what am I doing wrong?
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Pix on Flickr. Right click on he image, copy the address from the properties window, open new thread, click on the IMG tab, paste address, ok and bingo!

Well, for some reason it doesn't work. I don't know how many pix I have posted over the years on here but I just can't get it to work this time. Help!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is it your image? Are you signed in? Flickr overlay a blank image over normal ones to stop you hotlinking (its against their terms), so you need to log in to get the correct URL. Test it out i an empty browser window.

Muke
    Free Member
    Mugboo

Drac – Member

Install Firefox, then Greasemonkey and then this script http://www.stewartpratt.com/?p=88.

It will create a Phorumr link when click on the different sizes with link back keeping within terms of flickr.

I followed these instructions and it works perfectly. Cheers Drac.

spooky_b329

Sign in to Flickr, go and browse your photostream, find the pic, click 'all sizes' at the top. Choose the size if you don't want super big, then scroll down. The second box is the URL, copy this and then post the pic on the forum in the normal way.

slowjo
    Free Member

sorted, thanks for your help guys!

Drac

Aye it's a nifty little script that.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Tis a cracking script, though a bit OTT having to install the two just to post the odd image 🙂 But FF is better than IE so it should be universal 🙂

Drac

Exactly just a case of installing a script or 2 if you had this sense to bin IE.

retro83
    Free Member

or upload image to tinypic.com

copy their forum link and paste it here

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Testing the http://www.tinypic.com site

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Worked first time. Thanks retro83

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Nice pic Alan – brings back memories of my holiday with you! 😀

Reluctant
    Free Member

Another miserable failure! I'm fine with posting pics from photobucket, but flickr's got the better of me for now!

crispybacon
    Free Member

Here you go reluctant……… 😀

I used this without the space before the second bracket & after the third bracket

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2688/4026871838_eaf93b9a42_b.jpg%5B /img]

Reluctant
    Free Member

Blinking heck! Thanks Crispy – why the heck is that so complicated? From photobucket, it's just a couple of clicks; maybe I'll improve with practice. cheers, mate! Random pic btw, nothing to worry about!

crispybacon
    Free Member

well done reluctant! it's always great to help someone to pop their 'posting pics cherry' cos it's e'fing frustrating as I know only too well when I first tried……….Grrrrr.

Personally I now open the pic in flickr & click on 'all sizes', right click on the picture & then click on 'copy image location', click on 'IMG' on STW & paste details 😆

Reluctant
    Free Member

When i right click the pic, i don't get "copy image location" , only "copy" which then doesn't paste into stw. Ah well, maybe it's Vista!
    Still, method one works, thanks – here's a random pic of my old Kaboom!

sockpuppet

to stay within the flickr regs you should also make the image a hyperlink through to flickr

Reluctant
    Free Member

I'll work on it! No, really, how would i go about it?

Drac

I'll work on it! No, really, how would i go about it?

You could start by reading this thread.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Posting pictures… what am I doing wrong?’ is closed to new replies.