Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posting lights with battery packs (ie hope etc) & Royal Mail?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Still ok?the light is obviously ok, and The battery’s aren’t seperate they are in a hard shell enclosed/sealed/waterproof casing

Guessing they would be ok? Is it worth sticking a hazardous sticker on?

Cheers

stevied
    Free Member

Yes, sticker it up. If I send batteries anywhere (normally to smudge) now I put a duff light body in the package and label it as a bike light. No problems doing this yet..

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers stevie, where did you get the sticker from? Just the post office, is a specific label I need to ask for?

Cherrs

stevied
    Free Member

Looks like this:
    http://tamebay.com/2012/11/royal-mail-bans-postage-of-lithium-batteries.html

Drop me an email and I’ll send a proper label over tomorrow or Google “battery postage label”

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers stevie looking at that they shouldn’t be even accepting batteries like hope ones ( even though they are wrapped and waterproofed etc?)

I’ll razz you an email tomoz if that’s ok for the label you are using

Cheers again

Edit it actually says allowed when sent with a device, the device in this case being the light head unit guessing ?

stevied
    Free Member

Yep, they got funny with just batteries but, with the label and a light body, no probs sending with RM.

riddoch

They normally have stickers at the post office. I would also argue that the glowworm batteries are devices inthemselves as they have LEDs on them.

muppet4
    Free Member

Why is it allowed if it has a head unit with it??
    Last one I posted I just said it was a children’s toy 😳

empy
    Free Member

Well I’m trying to send my Li-ion battery back to Hope but the PO would’t take it. Didn’t want to send the light unit because its just a battery repair, and in any case the lead has come away from the battery so I can’t connect…. Anyone know of another delivery service that would take it?

sobriety
    Free Member

Put a poundland bikelight in the box. Problem solved.

sadmadalan

Just had a set of lights delivered by RM with batteries!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Posting lights with battery packs (ie hope etc) & Royal Mail?’ is closed to new replies.