• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posting in Classified but its on going to the top of the list?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Have posted an interest on a frame advertised a week ago but the post seems to stay buried and not go to the top of the classified postings. Is that right?

[/url]

nbt

Yes, classifieds don't re-order by last post, they stay ordered by time of creation to stop people "bumping" their thread to the top

theotherjonv

yes, it's to avoid people bumping their threads back to the top.

Sort of works but does mean that people with lots to sell who put a series of ads on instead of one big one swamp the board; also folks that don't check their adverts for responses don't see it appearing at the top again and so don't answer (email sorts that though)

Both pet peeves of mine.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

It's not much to ask that sellers keep an eye on their own advert to see if there's any interest.
    Plus they can subscribe to the RSS feed and then they'll know of any interest.

…what, there's internet users who still don't know what RSS feeds are?

About Singletrack RSS feeds

Leku
    Free Member

That will be the new thing I learn today.

What a pain – they don't have an email address in their profile.

Ah well. thanks for the info

nbt

Sort of works but does mean that people with lots to sell who put a series of ads on instead of one big one swamp the board;

and the rules say "only 2 threads per seller on the front page" to discourage that too, use the "report post" button to get them sorted. The mods are actually quite efficient when there's a valid reason for contacting them rather than just "sir, sir, he's being horrible and I don't like what he's saying"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Posting in Classified but its on going to the top of the list?’ is closed to new replies.