Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posting images from flickr using iPhone
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know if/how you can get the static image URL for a flickr image, so that you can post it here with the img tags, using an iPhone?

Thanks, R

jam-bo

yeah, you have to view the full site rather than the mobile site.

its a pain.

robinbetts
    Free Member

Ah, the sneaky little “Flickr.com” link at the bottom of the page. Not that obvious that that takes you to the full site. Thanks!

Also, for anyone else who cares, as is always the case, after trying to figure it out for weeks, I finally find another way 5 mins after posting the question in a forum!
    Basically Opera Mini is your friend, as it gives you the option to “open an image”, which takes you to the raw image URL that you can then copy.

Thanks again for the most obvious method that I couldn’t figure out!!

jfletch
    Free Member

Flickr don’t like it if you don’t link back the photopage when posting in forums when hotlinking images. They have been know to block all Flickr images if they see a lot if problems at a particular site. They do make it easy to grab ready formatted bb code for linking though so you don’t need to get the image URL.

Drac

There’s a guide for flickr in the forum help that’ll show how to do it using flickr’s handy links.

robinbetts
    Free Member

All works now I can access the full site on the iPhone. See the mobile site nor the app have these features. That was the real problem. Thanks anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Posting images from flickr using iPhone’ is closed to new replies.