Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posting forks – how?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I need to send my forks to Magura for new lowers/service etc.

As i don't have a fork box, how do i post them safely? ATM they are swathed in bubble wrap!

goog
    Free Member

you gotta be joking ?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I woke up this morning and I forgot how to think, what should I do? 😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

come on then smart arse – whats your answer. I have no fork box, i have some forks that need posting – how do i protect em from the royal fail?

Bubble wrap will help but no box is the problem – they need to be posted tomorrow and i have virtually nowt to cover them in!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Go to a supermarket and get a box, alternatively go to your LBS and grab an old fork box, or just fashion your own box from large pieces of cardboard and tape. Personally I wouldn't trust just bubble wrap.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

supermarket – 15miles away, lbs shut, scraps of cardboard will have to do!

goog
    Free Member

duvet ?

or wait another day

postierich
    Free Member

Old hub inserted into lowers, fork legs pipe lagged,wrap in bubble wrap.
    Mark with correct address and return addy, pay the correct postage and get proof of postage,take to your local delivery office.

Then start searching classifieds for some replacement forks! 😉

Only joking

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Cut an old box up and wrap it round the forks. Make sure the forks are covered in bubble wrap (not too much, then once the cardboard is round them stuff the tube with it.

spooky_b329

TFTuned advice:

Fork (single crown): With the crown race still fitted, pack your clean fork in soft padding (e.g. bubble wrap) then either in a cardboard sleeve rolled around the length of it, or in a box.
    Fork (double crown): Slide the uppers out of the crowns whilst still on the bike (we don't need the crowns), then pack your clean fork in soft padding (e.g. bubble wrap) then either in a cardboard sleeve rolled around the length of it, or in a box. We ask that you remove mud etc. from your fork and/or shock before sending them in.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sorted 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Posting forks – how?’ is closed to new replies.