Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posting forks
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

I need to send a set of forks off to Loco for repair. Who does the hive suggest for sending them so they dont get dumped in a wheelie bin or detonated by the RM / security forces?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Last time I posted a set of suspension forks I used hermes. Depends on the value though as hermes have an insured limit of £250.

If they’re worth more than that then probably best to ask loco what service they use to return the forks to you and use that if you can.

hainman
    Free Member

+1 for Myhermes,Sent them down south for under a tenner,took 3 days i think,

oxym0r0n

Hermes too – took the risk…

fatbobb
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use Hermes/Yodel for anything I valued.They are cheap for a reason. that reason being they are crap – we had to stop using them at work because of the amount of damaged in transit and ‘lost’ in transit consignments we were getting.
    have a noodle on here –

https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/

If you can, use DPD they are the best, followed by Parcelforce.

bikeneil
    Free Member
    bigyinn
    Free Member

bikeneil, Im perfectly aware that there are plenty of parcel carriers out there.
    What I was looking for was a RECOMMENDATION of a GOOD one from those who have used one, so I can separate the wheat from the chaff. Thus making it more likely that my forks will go where they need to and make it in one piece. Mmmmkay?
    Thanks to everyone else for their helpful suggestions.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use Hermes/Yodel for anything I valued.They are cheap for a reason. that reason being they are crap

I’ve sent about 130 parcels via hermes, had one damaged item and I was refunded in full for the cost of the item and postage.

ahwiles
    Free Member

I just take them to the post office during my lunch hour.

Cost about £13, and that was for a heavy pair of recons.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Posting forks’ is closed to new replies.