Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • posting bike bits to Poland……..pitfalls?
  • bruneep

selling my bike bits I have a interested buyer from Poland in my frame and other bits. Now he may be genuine what can I do to protect myself.

He wants to pay by paypal and said he would arrange the courier. I’m more inclined to arrange the courier so If anything goes wrong I have the proof of posting for insurance should there be a problem.

Any other thoughts or should I just leave it?

B

Hairychested
    Free Member

brundeep, as a native Pole I might be able to help a bit. There are loads and loads of courier companies that deliver door-to-door between Poland and UK (and UK to Poland too, obviously). The tend to charge £20 for the first 15-20kgs plus £1-£2 per next kg. Unless you speak Polish it might be a bit difficult to communicate. What I suggest is: you insist on using Eagle Transport http://www.eagletransport.net.pl/ – I’ve used them several times and had no issues, organise it yourself and charge him accordingly.
    There are also other companies but I’ve had way too many issues with cowboys over the years to bother.
    Alternatively, there are a few Polish over here, they also might know a reliable transport company.
    If I can help, email is in the profile.
    Cheers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘posting bike bits to Poland……..pitfalls?’ is closed to new replies.