Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Posting a full sus frame, with who?
  • sig123
    Free Member

posting a full sus frame with shock who can i use with out having issues with the shock?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Everyone slates myhermes but I have used them 3 times this month without issue. Max 120cm lemgth, 225cm circ <15kg. up to 250 comp is about £13 all in. drop off at a newsagent that has their service or they will collect for 50p more.

paladin

I sent a air sprung fork with parcelforce no probs. (Actually I forgot to check if they were OK to carry it first)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Whom…

sig123
    Free Member

Thanks for your input but I prefer to say , with who

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I have used myhermes quite a few times recently to post full sus and HT frames no problems any of the times.
    There was a recent thread about them but i’ve never had a problem.

scottfitz
    Free Member

dbcooper – Member
    Everyone slates myhermes but I have used them 3 times this month without issue. Max 120cm lemgth, 225cm circ <15kg. up to 250 comp is about £13 all in. drop off at a newsagent that has their service or they will collect for 50p more.

+1 used for frame, forks, bar etc… never had any issue and always been very good value.

Bream
    Free Member

A topic on my mind also so hope you don’t mind me joining in.

I need to have a bike box picked up in the UK and shipped to Sweden; content are an On-One Fat bike so geuess the weight will be around the 20kg mark when all boxed up.

Any tips for a company who could do this?

molgrips
    Free Member

So the only recommendation is myhermes yes?

Anyone know about specific policies regarding shocks?

moshimonster
    Free Member

All the big carriers are a bit hit or miss to be honest. I was involved in a really boring project a couple of years ago testing various couriers for picking up and delivering car parts. In short they all had issues and it was just a matter of luck as to whether the service was good.

Why not try Anyvan? I’ve used them a couple of times with good results. It’s basically an independent man-with-a-van matching service so his personal business depends on doing a good job. Just put in your request on their website, wait for bids and check their customer feedback. I find it works well for odd sized or fragile packages. They usually drive straight from your house to the destination without going through a depot, so less chance of being trashed.

jimw
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use MyHermes even if they paid me to send a frame or shock. Perhaps it depends on your local distributer, but ours is hopeless. Had nothing but trouble with getting parcels delivered to me, so any confidence in them has been lost.
    I have used Interlink for the past few parcels, and I have found their service exemplary. Mojo use them for their pick up and return service so forks and shocks are not a problem

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Parcelforce have no restrictions on shocks,compressed gas etc. They are a different company to the Royal Mail, who do…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Senditnow.. An odd much cheaper way of using parcelforce

euans2
    Free Member

my local LBS offers this as a service, they will box up and post the frame/bike for a very reasonable rate, have you tried asking your LBS?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah.. Parcelforce have no restrictions? Fair enough.

They do have restrictions on compressed gas though – that’s the rule they use against shocks.

sig123
    Free Member

I went for citylink in the end , bit late in picking up but once they did it was super fast for my buyer.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Posting a full sus frame, with who?’ is closed to new replies.