Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Posting a frame – who with, how much?
  • FieldMarshall

I’m selling a frame that I will probably need to post.

Parcel monkey wants £32 for a 5kg parcel, i.e. box + frame, as the box is more than 1 meter.

Seems excessive. Anyone cheaper.

Thanks

chakaping
    Free Member

senditnow – so long as you don’t need to use their insurance

stevie750

I took one to the post office recently, was about £12 -£14 to send by Parcelforce 48

Rorschach
    Free Member

Postal Orifice.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

AVOID ParcelHero and UPS that’s for sure!

dickie
    Free Member

Posted a full suss frame today, 7.2kg inc box, Parcelforce 48, insured for £400, booked on line, dropped off at PO, £25.04

jonba
    Free Member

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/

Used them for canoes in the past. Stuff got there.

FieldMarshall

Thanks for the replies

richen987
    Free Member

Hi FM, been ages where have you been?
    hope all well.

anyway, sent a frame 2 weeks ago via Parcel Force, used the Extra Large option, you get up to a 30kg weight limit and up to 2.5m length option, so even for a cack handed wrapper you can post a full size bike box.

I had up to 10kg and I was less than £30 with £250 compensation, they have 10% off at the moment,
    That was fully tracked online as well on a 48 hour shipment.

Admittedly they took an extra day but i got £7.50 back as compensation 🙂

Anyway you should pop out for a pootle if your about, we do 1 night a month in the forest at the moment to mix it up a bit.
    take care catch you soon.

ctk
    Free Member

Despatchbay is the cheapest/best. Its parcelforce online but cheaper than going to the P.O and booking it.

FieldMarshall

Hi R987,

Cheers i’ll look into that. Ive always used PF before, but thought there would be bettercheaper options.

Keep meaning to come along on a Thur night but work/family life keeps getting in the way. Was hoping to make the recent NF ride, but had to work late.

Hope all is well. Catch up with you soon.

beaker

Parcel2go have always been good for me. I’ve sold frames, forks and wheels and sent them with them, never had an issue.

nixie

Depending on the frame you can get the length under 1m by making the box higher.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I used Parcelforce, next day delivery and insured.

They collected from my home as the post office wouldn’t except anything over a certain length.

vorlich
    Free Member

I sent a pair of forks with My Hermes (via Parcel2go), I’ve just heard they left them on the front step.

kerley
    Free Member

I sent a pair of forks with My Hermes (via Parcel2go), I’ve just heard they left them on the front step.

That’s good going for My Hermes. At least is was the front step of the right house (I am assuming)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Posting a frame – who with, how much?’ is closed to new replies.