Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posting a frame to the US
  • LardLover
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a courier for sending a frame back to the US?

I think I used Parcel2Go the last time but they used FedEx and I don't want to use them again, especially after being stung for tax and duty on what was a warranty claim.

Cheers

LardLover
    Free Member

Anyone?
    🙁

joe1983
    Free Member

DHL Air express, quote for my frame is £56 to US through Transglobal. Used them before to send a bike to Aus and had no issues.

LardLover
    Free Member

Thanks Joe, duly noted.

😀

elma
    Free Member

You need to buy a frame from somewhere local 🙂

Is that the second or third frame that has had to go back to the good old US of A.

dyna-ti

I'm sending a set of chris king wheels/tyres to aussie,im sending in a cut down bike box so its quite heavy at 4.5kg total packed weight.
    The cost for the standard service with the royal mail is £80.
    OK i know RM is usually considered to be more expensive than many,but it was a similar amount with parcel2go.
    I've chosen them as they have the infrastructure in place and its more likely to get there in one piece

LardLover
    Free Member

Cheeky elma 😉

I'll have you know this is the 2nd frame to go back to the US, but this one doesn't have to go back, it's my choice. I'm sending it back for a refurb and inspection then a full warranty transfer over to me……………….just in case I have to send it back in the future.

Oh, and whilst it's there it'll be getting a custom paint job, just to make it new again (something a little special I'll have you know).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Posting a frame to the US’ is closed to new replies.