• This topic has 38 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Posting a complete bike, how and how much.
  • renton
    Free Member

Just sold the Bfe and now need to post it on.

What’s the best way and who is best to use?

I can get a box from the local halfords but not sure what courier company to use.

Any one done thus recently and how much did it cost.

Thanks

Steve

wwaswas

£15 to £20 I used P4D.co.uk as they seemed to have better rules for bigger boxes than parcel2go.

jota180
    Free Member

Parcelmonkey had the best price for me recently – can’t remember exactly but ~£20 insured

donsimon
    Free Member

I sincerely hope that you are more able and confident in your day job. 😕

renton
    Free Member

Don simon what are you on about ?

donsimon
    Free Member

You appear to struggle with the simplest tasks in daily life yet are at the forefront of military operations in Afghanistan, no? 😀

Tracey

Senditnow, used them 2 weeks ago 18kg £14

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

I used senditnow.com last week. I purloined a free box from Halfords, stripped the bike a bit, plenty of bubblewrap, 19Kg – £14 on a 48 hour UK delivery.

renton
    Free Member

Don simon just what is your effing problem mate.

Its seems every thread I post asking about something you take as me not being able to do it for myself.

Its people like you on here that are wrecking what was once a friendly and helpgful crowd of like minded people .

FWIW. I’ve posted plenty of frames,forks and wheels etc before but never a full bike.

I’ve got a quote from parcelforce which in thought was high so thought I would ask on here to see if anyone had done the same recentky and who they had used .

I’m so sorry if that offends you but if it does then please don’t bother commenting on my threads again.

🙂

renton
    Free Member

Tarka and tracey.

Thanks for the replies,will look at send it now.

Do you have to give them box sizes and do the collect.

Cheers

Steve

donsimon
    Free Member

Don simon just what is your effing problem mate.

Its seems every thread I post asking about something you take as me not being able to do it for myself.

Its people like you on here that are wrecking what was once a friendly and helpgful crowd of like minded people .
    A bit over sensitive sweetheart. Every thread? I have stayed away after the first laughable renting thread as it all got a bit sad and pathetic. You appear to have over estimated my powers of influence too. Take a look in the mirror and smile, take that little smile and turn it into a laugh. The world is not a place to be taken to seriously and if you can’t deal with, go and talk to someone about it. It’s a forum fella, grow up.

I’m so sorry if that offends you but if it does then please don’t bother commenting on my threads again.

Would it surprise you if I tell you I’m not offended, perhaps you’d like to ask someone help you make a decision on this? 😆

float
    Free Member

im just gonna put this thread in my back pocket 8)

nwilko
    Free Member

prepare for major disapointment with parcel farce unless you have a business account they wont take a bike box (too big).. their max dimensions are stupidly small for joe public, bike frame yes.. bike box no chance..

renton
    Free Member

just looking at send it now and they seem to accpet bike boxes??

they are a side outfit for parcel force??

parcel force website says this …….

You can send items up to 1.5m in length and 3m length and girth* combined on our standard services. But if you send using express48large this increases to 2.5m in length and 5m length and girth* combined.

sc-xc

girth

😀

STATO
    Free Member

I take mine to the LBS now, they have an account with a courier and are happy to post for a few ££, works out much cheaper then other options once youve added the required insurance.

Tracey

Parcelforce pick up and deliver for Senditnow they dont admit to been the same but if you ring Senditnow and dont pick an option the phone goes to Parcelforce

takisawa2

I sent Hora a quite hefty old cruiser a few weeks ago. Senditnow.com picked it up & whisked it off for £10.95+vat.

renton
    Free Member

TRacey and Takisawa, can you confirm you are not business acount holders at the places you used and also did you just use a normal bike box?

Rosss
    Free Member

Sent a dh Bike with Paisley freight this morning. £21.50 flat rate regardless of weight, I had a wheel box and a shoe box taped to the outside and had no extra cost. Next day service, No sizing faff and paypal on the website is a winner for me, So simple.

renton
    Free Member

just looking at them rosss !! i take it they collect from anywhere in the country??

beefheart
    Free Member

I’ve sent loads by senditnow in bike boxes, and I’m not a business user.
    Your local postie picks it up too. From your house. When you specify.
    🙂

Tracey

Not a buisness account holder, normal bike box from local shop. You can drop at postoffice or arrange pick up

Rosss
    Free Member

Yeah they collect from anywhere as far as im aware. They’re based in Scotland however both times ive used them TNT have collected.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

+1 senditnow.com they even print the labels if you want and all for under £15.

Mate sent a full dh bike via them once, had no box so wrapped it in bin bags and parcel tape.. Arrived two days later no worries… But I’m not recommending this 😉

Bregante

I sent . Hora. A quite hefty old cruiser a few weeks ago. Senditnow.com picked it up & whisked it off for £10.95+vat.

Yep. That’s him 🙂

renton
    Free Member

At bregante 😀

Anyway cheers for the helpful replies, unlike a certain cretin up there ^^^^^

donsimon
    Free Member

Would a cretin ask

i take it they collect from anywhere in the country??

?
    When the site clearly states that they do. You sincerely have my apologies for lauging at you and you also have my apologies for not being able to deal with it and having to resort to name calling. Please don’t take your toys as I thouroughly enjoy your threads as they can be most enlightening and entertaining. Keep it up fella.

bruneep

As the don says.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Go to somewhere like Halfords,obtain a box,then take ure pedals off,then remove ure stem bolt lift the bars off bubble wrap & tape them up so they can’t damage ure frame etc,job done!, that’s all Orange did to send a £4k bike to me!.

renton
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Don you hero of a keyboard warrior are you still here ………

Getting a bit boring now

renton
    Free Member

Don,

Where are you in the country mate ?
    Fancy meeting up……..

donsimon
    Free Member

What for?

renton
    Free Member

A nice ride of course 😀

No in all honesty I would like to see if you are as cocky and pompus in real life instead of hiding behind your witty keyboard warrior comments.

I think not.

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

renton
    Free Member

What, no witty comment?
    🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

What, no witty comment?

Again apologies, I hadn’t realised that telling it how I see it has to be witty.
    *Note to self… Must try harder*

hora
    Free Member

Hey I wasnt the one told off by the hotel owner for watching Gayrabbit 😆

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Posting a complete bike, how and how much.’ is closed to new replies.