• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • posting a cake
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

As above, I guess its easy with a solid fruit cake etc but a Victoria sponge or carrot cake with icing…how to pack?

cheers_drive

I’m not sure how to pack but I’m happy to assist by you sending a test shipment to me – just to check your packing is up to the job you understand 🙂

neilthewheel

Has it got a file in it?

fasthaggis

Al, that is so sweet that you are sending Hora a cake 😆

fasthaggis

On a more serious* note ….

Get down to Pizza hut and ask for some box supports 😉

* only a wee bit

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Sticker it with ‘This way up’ stickers but put them upside-down… This will ensure the cake arrives perfectly presented. And whatever you do don’t write ‘Fragile’ on the box.

iolo
    Free Member

Slice it up before you send it.
    It will be destroyed in sending but less change when it’s already in pieces.
    Put a photo of the uncut cake with the box.
    The other option is send vouchers for the nearest cake shop.

bearnecessities

Stick in in a Jaffa bag.

sandwicheater

I’d be tempted to put the cream/jam is separately and include build instructions. Would save premature cream/jam seepage.

andytherocketeer

Voucher or packet cakemix might be the way.
    My dad tells me of his 21st birthday cake that was sent all round Europe via BFPO while he was on national service. It arrived mostly in the form of crumbs.

Doesn’t that Inshriach Nursery Tea Room that MTBers worship, do mail order cake?

Houns

I’ve used these before

https://www.sponge.co.uk

sandwicheater

Reckon if you make it obvious the package contains cake the posty/courier may be a tad more gentle. Clear top/side of the parcel perhaps?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

My Mrs sent plenty of lemon drizzle cakes to Helmand and they always arrived in one piece. The lad just cut off the mouldy bits and got it down him apparently 😯

towzer

probably best if it’s not along these lines

a round or melon-shaped frozen mold made from a combination of ice creams, mousses, or ices

Yak

steveinthepeaks of this parish bakes and delivers cakes as online gifts or a regular delivery on account. They are all packaged to fit through a letterbox. (see vid in the about section).

Shop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘posting a cake’ is closed to new replies.