Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posting a bike. Who have you used?
  • cheeezzy24
    Free Member

As the title really. I’ve got a bike that needs delivering and looking for recommendations or horror stories!! Cheers

daveb
    Free Member

I normally use Royal Mail standard parcels – costs about £20 but includes £500 insurance, bit cheaper without the insurance. Takes 2 – 3 days to deliver

Steelsreal

parcel monkey, which is city link, if you can get it to around 130cm long then £5.85 + vat next day

andypaul99
    Free Member

i used parcelforce 48hr which was the cheapest i could find just check the maximum dimensions on their website, i had to cut down my cardboard bike box slightly so it didnt go over the size limit, beware some couriers calculate the weight by cubic capacity and that could be very expensive indeed. parcelforce calculate by true weight and true size so more straightforward

GJP
    Free Member

I have used Parcel2Go, Interparcel and SenditNow/ParcelForce.

Parcel2Go (using a DHL service) damaged the frame of one of mine in transit and then reneged on the insurance, so I will not use them again out of principle.

SendItNow/ParcelForce would now be my first choice but probably not the cheapest

matt_kish
    Free Member

I used UPS to send a new bike Germany once, can’t remember how much it cost, but it arrived at the other end ok.

monkeyboyjc

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/?source=google&segment=bikes&gclid=COLVp4Lj-K0CFYl9fAodTSd6sw

never had a any problems – flat rate @ 21.50 (+insurance), they except a standard bike box (no cutting down required).

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Used a few most recently started using parcel force 48 hour. Service is good price fine and you get a tracking number so seller and buyer can follow progress.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I used Senditnow, which is actually Parcelforce, and it was £12 to send a mountain bike from Edinburgh to Surrey 10 days before Christmas 2010. If you’ll remember, the weather was an absolute nightmare, but they still collected from my house and managed to deliver it the next day! 😀

winston_dog
    Free Member

+1 for senditnow.

fivespot
    Free Member

Sent a frame by Parcel Force 48 a few weeks ago, value £795, £42 bloody quid. Won’t be doing that again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Posting a bike. Who have you used?’ is closed to new replies.