Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posting 730mm carbon bars, anywhere better than £11 with RM?
  • Poopscoop

Pretty sure I was charged about £11 when I posted some alloy ones ages back with Royal Mail.

I think size rather than weight is the cost on these?

Any better options?

Thanks lads!

theocb
    Free Member

myherpes allow longer packages nowadays, I think that’s an option
    RM sent as a tube if it’s not a riser but hit and miss depending on the shape you end up with 😉

Poopscoop

Ah yes, herpes. Might get a quote from them.

20mm rise 31.8 bar so the “tube”idea is an option.

Cheers!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cloudnine
    Free Member

If you can post them in a tube it’s cheaper than £11 with RM.. Different prices for toobs

Poopscoop

Anyone know the diameter they specify for a “tube”?

theocb
    Free Member

I normally wrap it in the cardboard and try to make it look tube shaped with a kink in the middle and hope postie master accepts it.

The issue with the tube is they then measure round the tube a couple of times then add the length, this throws it over the limit if the bars are too long or your tube shape is too bulky

theocb
    Free Member

I can’t remember but around a 100cm length with a couple of wraps around the tube. just google RM tube dimension or suffin 😀

thwapy
    Free Member

I posted a carbon riser 800mm this week. Guy behind the counter tried to charge me more but I pointed out it was a tube under 1m long and was therefore a medium parcel. £5. He shrugged his shoulders and put it through. It Arrived at the buyers house a couple of days later…

nixie

I’ve just price this for a set of 745mm high rise bars. £4 with myherpies (drop and store). Or £4.50 Hermes via interparcel with £50 cover.

skids
    Free Member

do it as a tube shaped parcel, I have just wrapped them in a bit of bubblewrap and then a bin bag over the top taped on wrapped arround

aracer
    Free Member

Of course you can post bars almost 90cm long as a medium parcel even without packaging them as a tube 😉

Daffy

Royal Mail. Length + 2*diameter must no exceed 104cm. Max length must be less than 90cm. Price will be around £4.50

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Posting 730mm carbon bars, anywhere better than £11 with RM?’ is closed to new replies.