Viewing 39 posts - 281 through 319 (of 319 total)
  • Posters on here you miss
  • aracer
    Free Member

I used to stray into those all the time, and amazed I’ve not been banned more – though I realised that some topics were bad for my blood pressure, so tend to avoid them now.

njee20
    Free Member

I used to stray into those all the time, and amazed I’ve not been banned more – though I realised that some topics were bad for my blood pressure, so tend to avoid them now.

Yeah that’s why I don’t bother!

Going back to a point on the last page, I definitely find the forum quieter now than it used to be, particularly ‘out of hours’.

RustySpanner

Good to see you back Barnsley Mitch, good luck with your recovery.

Just to echo what Ton said, drop us a line if you fancy a beer or a slow pootle, when you’re up for it.

I like chewkw, for what it’s worth.
    Excellent seeing toys leave the pram, just because he has an alternative point of view.

I followed a link to an old post the other day – I’d forgotten quite how nasty some of us used to be.

I try and avoid the religion and politics threads these days too.
    Just not possible to discuss some things sensibly unless face to face.

ton

Just not possible to discuss some things sensibly unless face to face.

nail on the head pete. life is far too short to get annoyed and angry with folk you either dont know or have not met.

ulysse
    Free Member

I’d forgotten quite how nasty some of us used to be.

Aye, i took it on myself, more than once, to defend Surfmatt’s points of view when they were perfectly reasonable, and you lot still ripped him a new one, mercylessly

SaxonRider

Plenty of unfortunate stuff can still get posted on the religion threads, but I have found them far, far less vitriolic recently than they sometimes became a few years ago.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed, they can be tolerant occasionally ! 😉

nbt

I can bring the tandem over for that if you fancy it 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

The problem with one or two of the mods is their lack of impartiality.

I think its more that their a variety of mods and they dont always make the same sort of decisions so we think its “favouritism” when its just the nature of a lack of clear instructions allowing them to use their judgement – not a dig When I modded a forum the arguments//views/disagreements on modding were as spectacular as the ones that led to modding. I used to refer some posts to others as I just hated the poster

amusing for a short while before just becoming irritating (I’m sure some people think the same about me

Absolutely not true at all. no one has ever accused you of been amusing, even for a short while 😉

amazed I’ve not been banned more

testament to how tolerant the mods are. I always know i will get them – though i try not to get them. I think i get them for a drip drip affect rather than an individual post. These days I just post less and ration my bile. I dont do unmoderated sites and I support the mods in general if not every example.

Agreed the politics threads are not for the fainthearted.

Cougar

While my original couple of U31 and variations of that username may have had multiple bans after one particular mod royally pissed me off, (Barnsley mitch, nail on the head, overmoderation at that time,

I’ve just looked back and the final post from “U31” predates me being a moderator by two years, so I can’t really comment on that I’m afraid.

The problem with one or two of the mods is their lack of impartiality.

Is that directed at me? I do try to be, well, as honest and transparent as I can be (hence replying to questions in public). Though really, true impartiality is very difficult.

It would be kind of hard for him to post his usual shit stuff without making it blindingly obvious who he was.

See, it’s kind of self policing. Someone gets a ban for bellendery, they either come straight back on being bellendish in which case they light up like a Christmas tree, or they behave themselves and fly under the radar but then all we wanted folk to do is be more middle-of-the-bell in the first place so the system’s worked.

Spotting a returned banee is routine, they’ll generally get flagged up internally within a day or two of their arrival (me not so much, but one of my colleagues is very good at this). Working out who it is is a fun game a bit more difficult, but proving it conclusively can be a challenge.

In an ideal world we like to be certain before hammering but of course, that’s not a mandatory policy. (-:

bearnecessities

This thread has still not brought me piemonster 🙁

Cougar

I think its more that their a variety of mods and they dont always make the same sort of decisions so we think its “favouritism” when its just the nature of a lack of clear instructions allowing them to use their judgement

That’s certainly true (I’ve said as much previously). There is very little in the way of “official” policy beyond the same T&Cs that everyone can read.

We can – and do – challenge each others’ decisions sometimes, which is a good thing because it helps create more of a hive mind approach (I suppose “team” is the word I’m looking for) rather than all pulling in opposite directions.

Ultimately though we’re still several different people making individual judgement calls, and whoever reacts first might make a different call to whoever would’ve responded next. C’est la vie.

I think i get them for a drip drip affect rather than an individual post.

That’s probably true as well. (-:

Cougar

This thread has still not brought me piemonster

Dunno what happened there. He’s not banned, seems to have just stopped posting.

Erk. Hope he’s ok. 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

getting twds a personal record though for not having a post deleted…you probably need to measure days rather than posts though

Cougar

I’m sorely tempted to delete that for comedy value.

tjagain

go on go on go on

Drac

I’ve had a look at your deleted posts U31. It seems you were quite happy to offend all mods as you had a few posts deleted. The thread back tired as other members called you attention whore and waved you goodbye. Best of all though is your account isn’t banned under U31.

ulysse
    Free Member

Ive slept since then dude, so cant remember if it was individual or mods in general, i was certainly more full of piss and vinegar back then, for sure!

Im surprised the ID wasnt banned, i must have flounced before the hammer, there were plenty of other unmoderated places i frequented back then, so it wasnt such a biggie posting here or not. Thinking back forum; (fora?) per se may have started becoming a distraction, and if im annoying myself i sure as shit are annoying other folk so its best to self censure. I assume the U31 id was linked to a former email address begining with E?

If so is there anyway the i.d. can become merged or renamed with this one, as i said a few pages back, im rather attatched to U31, most log ins on other corners of the web are in some form a varation of such, and i dont as a rule hide behind alter egos to express an opinion (Harry H Corbet and Thieving Gypsy Bastard are exceptions to this rule, and i was outed pretty soon;) )

ulysse
    Free Member

`Hmmm U31 account is marked as a spammer…

7 years ago i’d have taken that personally! 😛

teasel
    Free Member

middle-of-the-bell

🙂

ulysse
    Free Member

Prince Albert?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, we’ve got enough ends, haven’t we?

Cougar

Best of all though is your account isn’t banned under U31.

It is now.

ulysse
    Free Member

Yeah i noticed…. 🙄

Cougar

im rather attatched to U31

Not attached enough to use it once in six years. Figured you’d made your choice which one you wanted. A meringue?

ulysse
    Free Member

Not while on the iDave diet, you should know that

scotroutes

Piemonster is fine. He’s just been very, very busy. He should be riding with me next week. I’ll see if I can steal a photo just to prove he’s still alive.

As regards bannings, I decided when creating my current userid that I’d try to avoid that fate (though my most famous banning was still wrong).

ulysse
    Free Member

Now I’m intrigued, Scotroutes …

njee20
    Free Member

I’ll tell you who I don’t miss. That onion Druid bloke. He was awful. And Scottish.

teasel
    Free Member

You mean northerns use this forum…?

devs
    Free Member

Onion is southern. And short. His sort should no be aloud.

Cougar

But, he’s got layers.

njee20
    Free Member

You mean northerns use this forum…?

Only ones who’ve travelled to the south, obviously the lack of internet precludes most from joining.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was innocent of all my banning

aracer
    Free Member

I was very guilty when I did get banned – though I’m quite proud that AFAIK I’m the only person to ever successfully get my ban lifted by arguing with Mark (it was related to freeloading)

scotroutes

Banoffee Piemonster

bearnecessities

Yay 🙂 Thank you.

*waves at PM*

piemonster

Yeah, blah blah, but I miss piemonster

Miss you too sweet cheeks

piemonster

**** me, two chins, 40 is approaching at full speed

Viewing 39 posts - 281 through 319 (of 319 total)

The topic ‘Posters on here you miss’ is closed to new replies.