Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 319 total)
  • Posters on here you miss
  • sadexpunk

im not going for the comedy value, just interested if a couple of lads are still about….

jezz who i met over in scissett/denby dale area for a ride and his mate james who worked in a bike shop and painted my ss kona kilauea pink.

and while i think of it….. any of the chaps that bought that kilauea later, or my two soulcrafts….are they still alive and being ridden?

Coyote
    Free Member

mikeb

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

elfinsafety for those that remember that far back……

AKA freddibnah? Or I am wrong?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

Eth3r
    Clareymorris and the other Penrith people
    Mrs flash & Gingerflash
    Philofconsequence
    TJ
    Midlandstrailquestgraham

philxx1975
    Free Member

Fred

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Is Bunny G still about on the wonderful web?

jambalaya
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright – I was not around when he was posting but met him and his wife on a Dest-X holiday, would have been fun to have him around, the music assocoation thread makes an appearence every now and again

ton

reading through all the names make me realise how sedate and aenesthetised the forum has become.
    it is not very amusing nowadays.

Cougar

GW.

He still crops up with tedious regularity, his latest incarnation was hammered a month or two back so he’s probably here again somewhere by now. It’s like playing Whack-a-Mole sometimes.

Cougar

reading through all the names make me realise how sedate and aenesthetised the forum has become.
    it is not very amusing nowadays.

You want the old days back, you can do the bloody moderating. (-:

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Torquemarda (not sure if I’m spelling his name correctly).

pb2

elfinsafety for those that remember that far back……

+1

Cletus
    Free Member

As a naive poster I made the mistake of arguing with TJ (about holiday advice iirc).

I am sure he would still be arguing with me now if I had not stepped away from the thread 🙂

Anyone know where he is posting now?

trail_rat
    Free Member

is peterfile still on under another name ?

USed to get some good hill posts off him on a monday/tuesday.

TJ is still arguing with all and sundry on facebook 😀

BillMC

Beer, brilliantly funny and surreal posts.

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

Blackgem.
    End of thread.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You want the old days back, you can do the bloody moderating. (-:

Offers services 😛

I believe the moderators know my e-mail address 😉

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Beer?

The night that beer was outed as an annoying and persistent troll still shines brightly in my otherwise fading memory.

TJ is on a tandem group on FB.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The argumentative threads appear to have passed me by 🙁

jam-bo

I miss the attractive scenery in his posts.

zokes
    Free Member

Mrs flash & Gingerflash

I particularly like how GF went quiet after topping the rankings for most active poster when they used to be announced in the mag.

TJ and SFB I miss from more recent times, PaddedFredDimwit less so.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe the moderators know my e-mail address

Yes. We do.

yunki
    Free Member

Fred

The tenacity that he displayed when sticking it to the privileged white middle classes was formidable 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I miss the attractive scenery in his posts.

She will be missed.

NZCol

On this, one of the Simons had a heart attack and then another-how is he doing (I hope he is still with us otherwise this is insensitive !)
    Badger, his mastery of tubeless will stay with me forever
    It’s changed but i spend a lot less time on here. Amazed it still exists actually.
    Tj was great , awesome arguments
    Yes and peterfiles Monday posts of his lovely lady up a hill used to perk me up no end…

wwaswas

how is he doing

not well but his family have asked for privacy was the last report I saw on here.

iolo
    Free Member

Fred

The tenacity that he displayed when sticking it to the privileged white middle classes was formidable

Did he ever leave? I’m sure he reinvents himself and uses a new login.

binners

Its quite easy to continue arguing with Fred over the interweb. Simply use the interweb. He’ll find you 😀

I do miss Emsz, as now and then its nice to have a contribution from someone who isn’t a bald, fat middle aged bloke, with more money than sense.

And the world is a lesser place without Jamies input. And Philly

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

TJ and GW are regularly seen on tandem rides together with the stoker lacing daisies into the flowing locks of the pilot. GW has mostly given up on biking as it’s too easy for him. He’s taken up golf and now holds several course records despite only using two clubs

footflaps

Its quite easy to continue arguing with Fred over the interweb. Simply use the interweb. He’ll find you

I started getting random emails from him as he didn’t agree with something I posted on here….

aleigh
    Free Member

I miss oldfarts posts…but then I am friends with him off of here so that cancels itself out!

I think for me 2008ish was a good time to be on this forum

RustySpanner

I liked Barnsley Mitch, as well as most of the above.
    Came across as a very decent bloke.
    Think he had a motorbike accident, hope he’s healing well.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I don’t miss TJ, mostly because I see him in the flesh every couple of years which is far nicer than seeing him daily on the internet.

I sort of miss beer.

Agony Aunt.

Polly (what’s happened to her?).

Jezz as well.

The Flying Pie Man, very kind chap.

Singlespeed Punk (that might not be the right name, Alex, who went on to form Solitude cycles).

There were some users in the past who could be recognised by their niceness above anything else. And, erm, some who couldn’t… 😳

geetee1972
    Free Member

That druidh guy. He was a real hoot.

Druidh is still here as far as I know. He looks to have changed his name to ‘scotroutes’.

Have a look at this thread.

If you click on the link by Scotroutes in that thread, the only post in the linked thread that has a picture in it is by druidh, ergo, Scotroutes was Druidh.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Druidh is still here as far as I know. He looks to have changed his name to ‘scotroutes’.

Have a look at this thread.

If you click on the link by Scotroutes in that thread, the only post in the linked thread that has a picture in it is by druidh, ergo, Scotroutes was Druidh.

I feel this is a whoosh, but maybe it’s a switcheroro whoosh?

Cougar

scotroutes – Member
    That druidh guy. He was a real hoot.

Master sleuthing there, GT. (-:

holst
    Free Member

Cuterunner

geetee1972
    Free Member

Master sleuthing there, GT. (-:

It was a slow day…

SaxonRider

I have been on here since about 2004 (including my life pre-hack, obviously), and I don’t recognise quite a few of the names some of you have put forward.

How did I miss them?

Too bad about Barnsley Mitch, though. I agree that he came across as a good guy. If someone on here knows him in the flesh, wish him the best.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Fred Still watches this place all the time, and then weirdly rants about it on his facebook page..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 319 total)

The topic ‘Posters on here you miss’ is closed to new replies.