Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted a frame and buyer says oil on shock – advice.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Morning all,

I just sent a new frame to a buyer on eBay and he says the shock (brand new RP23) has oil on the body.

He thinks its a leak but as its a new shock I think it may be more from assembly. The frame was unridden so the shock never cycled.

Also the buyer says the box was open on delivery, I covered it in tape, but they signed for it as ok, if damage has occurred in transit I’m guessing I can’t claim for the box being open because he signed for it as fine?

Buyer is being fine so that’s not the issue it’s more where do I stand.

If the buyer is right and the shock is faulty, due to transit damage, am I stuck?

Thanks

LoCo
    Free Member

We can inspect the shock for you 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha ha loco it’s a nightmare, this is a brand new RP23 on a Trance X.

I know nothing about shocks lol! I have a 5 year warranty on the frame so I guess the shock is included.

Don’t think ill ever sell a full susser again ha

bigjim

if he signed for it as OK I’d question how he can now claim it was open.

I had a shock come back from warranty work at mojo with oil leaking out the air can screw threads and on the shaft, so don’t think it means something is wrong.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

He says he didn’t sign it someone signed for him.I don’t mind sorting the shock if there is an issue but if it was caused in transit I’m screwed as he signed.

Not a great situation.

khani
    Free Member

It’s probably ok, when I bought a new shock from Mojo a while ago and asked about this they advised me that an oily shaft was normal 😉
    They said it was float fluid from the air can, not oil from the damper,
    Ask him to try it and see if it works and holds air,

geetee1972
    Free Member

As pointed out above a small amount of oil on a new shock is normal.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ok thanks everyone.

Rickos
    Free Member

Normal IME. Float fluid is thicker and not as smelly as damper fluid (I think). You can defo tell the difference when it comes to the smell of the oil.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Posted a frame and buyer says oil on shock – advice.’ is closed to new replies.