• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by IWH.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • postage for a pair of non-folding tyres?
  • joe1983
    Free Member

Any idea how much it would cost and best way to package? Selling a pair on the bay and wanted local pickup but looks like no-ones biting so might have to offer postage.

robbo1234biking

I just sent some and i think they cost about £3-4 Royal Mail first class. I wrapped bubble wrap around them and then placed ina bin bag and taped everything up tight. Could then put a postage label on the bin bag across the cetnre

voodoo-rich

Weigh them, use the cost calculator on the Royal Mail website here (hope that worked…)

To send, non-folding can be folded a bit- hold top and bottom of the tyre, twist into a figure-8, then fold in half. Get glamourous assistant to wrap them in gaffer tape before they spring apart.

eckinspain
    Free Member

What happens if you fold non-folding tyres?

Do you b*gger them irreparably?

will
    Free Member

Got some through the post in a bin bag the other day, that seemed fine. Other alternative is go down to your LBS and see of they have any wheel boxes, or bike boxed you could cut up.

joe1983
    Free Member

Thanks fo the info, doesn’t sound too much of a hassle then

Ta

IWH
    Free Member

You can reduce the size of non-folding tyres to roughly 1/3rd by creative twisting / folding into three smaller circles. You know those pop out sunshades? It works the same way. If in doubt ask at your LBS but as long as you remember not to force (or more importantly bend!) the bead they’ll spring back into shape fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘postage for a pair of non-folding tyres?’ is closed to new replies.