Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Postage cost for sending frame to China?
  • lightman
    Free Member

Has anyone ever sent a frame to China?
    I had a look about and the cheapest i can find is Parcel Force at around £125!!!
    Surely there must be something for £30-£40?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I bought a frame from Japan, and it cost me almost £70, for a small BMX frame last year.

I would cost you the kind of sums your thinking about just so send one in the UK, let alone mainalnd Europe.

A lot of the guys at Radbmx.com who buy bmx’s and bmx frames from a 1st world country like the States still pay £70- £100 a frame for shipping.

Is it a warranty repair? Surely you’ve not sold to someone on ebay from China, and seriously thinking its not a scam?

lightman
    Free Member

I bought a Chinarello frame & fork about a month ago and after finally having all the bits to build it up last week, i went out for about 30mins and when i got back i noticed a 20mm crack in the head tube!!!
    So, obviously now the seller wants it back before i get the refund/replacement, which a can understand, but i really doubt they would cover that cost for postage, and im not prepared to share the cost, due to already paying £45 the first time for shipping.

Im thinking i might be better off just having a go at fixing it myself with carbon repair kit!

njee20
    Free Member

They bloody well should cover the postage! Or at least ask them to collect, they’ll likely have better contracts in place.

Shame, I really want a Chinarello!

lightman
    Free Member

Well….i think they could’ve said they would, but i really doubt they would pay probably more than the frame is worth to send it back!
    This is what they said ~ we will take to factory test, then will full refund to you (add the return shipping charge)

It only cost £210 for f&f + £45 postage.

GreatKeen seems like the place to buy if you’re still wanting one.
    Loads of people have bought one, and i can still recommend them even with the issue i have had.
    I don’t know if you’ve seem these threads, but this is the latest off 5 Chinese frame threads!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Postage cost for sending frame to China?’ is closed to new replies.