Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Post ride injury (slightly gory pic content)
  • Drillski
    Free Member

Hi
    did my last training ride early thursdy morning ready for an event this saturday, all went well until brewing up in the tent for a cup of tea after. Had taken my riding shoes off tp protect the groundsheet, when i managed to juggle the kettle ( unsuccesfully and spill half a litre of boiling water on my foot)
    Docs reckon i may just be fit for mayhem if all goes well.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Damn that looks sore!

stufield
    Free Member

Ow

andywhit
    Free Member

Pretty impressive.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Meh an elstoplast should sort that out

DomC
    Free Member

Jeeeeesus

desf
    Free Member

Bet that smarts!

Strap a bag of frozen peas to it and you might get some sleep.

Drillski
    Free Member

hmmm
    struggling to make the photo appear in the message, linky only i’m afraid, unless someone else can sort it.

[Sorted – Mod]

Yep, smarts bit.
    i do realise though that if i was a typical “ard-as-sh1te” notherner i’d just splash a bit of old spice or blue stratos on it, pull my sock back on, and go ride, but being a soft midlander, went to a and e , and got it dressed. nearly had to cut my stealths off: that would have been a disaster!
    Getting bored now, keeping foot up.

emac65
    Free Member

Gruesome !

Speshpaul

You’re bored!
    I did this on the 15th feb.

Told yesterday to stay on the crutches for another 4 weeks, and then some.

But that scold looks nasty. Look after that.
    All the best
    Paul

Smee
    Free Member

Mongtard.

jimmy

walk it off

johnners
    Free Member

Your toenail is disgusting, unless it was a kettle of really dirty water.

lowey

E45 mate. Smother it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That looks like a pretty serious burn to me. It’s going to hurt like a bitch and for gods sake keep it clean!

rs
    Free Member

ooh!!! I cut my hand on the zip ties holding my cables on while i removed the bike from the bike rack yesterday, nice little bit of exposed flesh, wasn’t too bad running it under the tap then the other half thought spray on bandage would work well, holy f%^%^$^$&^&&*^*%^k!!!!!!! thats the stingiest sorest thing on the planet!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Thats terrible – Stick to a post ride beer in future.

badblood
    Free Member

yup that spray on bandage/antiseptic sure does smart.

As for that burn, if it a deep burn the pain may not be too much as the nerve endings will be shot. Otherwise, I bet it hurts like a bitch!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

That looks sore. Hope everything goes ok with your recovery.

jim29
    Free Member

htfm!

TheChunk
    Free Member

My chainring meets calf scrape from today. I only rode to the park and back!

bomberman
    Free Member

The bandages are peeling off

Hairychested
    Free Member

Make sure you post it to MBUK, they like such pics (but change the story to: I was hucking 390ft gap over the canyon in West Somalia when my brake hose exploded and the boiling hot brake oil went onto my foot. It hurt as **** but I still cleared the gap throwing a Superman 360 inverted onefooter.
    I’m glad it isn’t my foot TBH.

scraprider
    Free Member

fuikun hell m8 that looks sore , my advise would be salt water soulution with added lemon juice and soak , for aproxx 1.5 milly second that should sort it , oh and a set of new hiking boots , dun up good n tight , really keep it clean mate , get better soon. also what hairy said

bigsi
    Free Member

Thats put me right off of my post ride kebab 🙄

Hope it heals soon and the pain aint too bad 😉

Drillski
    Free Member

had it redresed again today, looking ok, but i think i may have to change my forum name to “christhatstingslikefeck” after they cleaned it with saline.
    it’s buzzing away nicely now, but that’s kind of a good thing, cos the last thing you wnat with a burn is one so deep htat it doesn’t hurt.

Advice from the doc was if i id it agian ( WHY THE **** WOULD I DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to find the bits of skin from inside my sock, clean thoroughly in saline, and replace over thesurface of the wound, as it’s the best thing to seal the wound with as it heals.

Biggest issue is i’ve jsut realised that cos i’m no longer gonna be able to put in the 12 hours a week minimum riding that i was, in prep for my 24 solo debut, i’ve gotta cut about 9-10,000 calories a week from my current diet or i’ll turn into Lisa Riley! So i can’t even hit the munchies while i’m sat here bored stupid!

Drac

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

And I don’t say that often but scalds do sting a touch.

Oh and it’s not a burn it’s a scald.

myheadsashed

Throbbing foot, throbbing foot riding through the glen, throbbing foot, throbbing foot with is merry men…….. 😕

Drac

lol

Drillski
    Free Member

fair point drac, it’s not a burn
    Any idea why we differentiate between burns and scalds?
    i was going to say max remp of a scald would be 100 celcius, but it were a steam scald, could be considerably higher.

Drac

Any idea why we differentiate between burns and scalds?

Burns are dry heat Scalds are wet heat.

Drillski
    Free Member

had a few nasty burns on teh same leg before….got a numb patch where i suffered some nerve damage after a kick from a horse on honeymoon (dont ask….we have strange nuptual traditions where we come from!) and was using that leg to nudge a classic racing motorcyle onto a stand between races. old fashioned air cooled engines and red hot low level exhaust pipes. Didn’t realise until after the race in the shower and all the skin fell off that side of my calf! Took me a while to realise what had happened. Only then did i find the holes melted in the synthetic riding jeans i had been wearing! Doh!

Drillski
    Free Member

is there a significant difference in the nature of the tissue damage caused?

Drillski
    Free Member

this injury seem sfairly even thicknessed over a large area

Drac

is there a significant difference in the nature of the tissue damage caused?

this injury seem sfairly even thicknessed over a large area

As you’ve tested scalds tend to be fairly spread and not that deep unless there’s submersion into the liquid or a long flow.

Burns tend to be localised for obvious reasons but depending on temperature can get deep quicker and more often than scalds.

Most common burn we see is this time of year when people light BBQs and fires with the potential bomb that is Petrol. Never ever use petrol to light anything even more so in confined spaces, KABOOOOOOOOOOOOM! “Ahhhh! my eyebrows, fringe, nose and ears.”

DezB
    Free Member

As hairychested says, send a pic to mbr. Although you’d have to go a long way to beat this month’s winner. Pillock clean chopped off the end of his finger with his brake rotor. Euergh.

Drillski
    Free Member

how the hell did he manage that?

theotherjonv

gives me a chance to relay a story of my uncle about a nasty scald he incurred through ridiculous means.

He’d bust his lower leg playing football and was in an old style plaster cast. Like a cock, he decided against his wife’s advice to have a bath, resting the foot up on the taps. Except he fell asleep momentarily and the plaster fell in the water.

Afeard of what the reaction would be he hit on the ‘great’ idea of drying it off with her hairdryer. All seemed good until he noticed it getting quite hot. So he took the hairdryer away – only to realise it was the water in the plaster that had got hot, and taking the hairdryer off … made no difference at all.

Imagine a scald where you can’t take the heat source away!!! On top of a broken leg.

He’s a legend, my uncle.

Drillski
    Free Member

foot feeling much better today: now feeling a bit more optimistic that might get bck on the bike in time for mayhem.

bullheart
    Free Member

You need a manicure 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Post ride injury (slightly gory pic content)’ is closed to new replies.