Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Post ride wrist ache starting 2-3hrs after cycling. Any ideas?
  • lankysiwat
    Free Member

no giggling or self abuse comments pls.
    The last 2 times I’ve been to trail centres I’ve suffered from a sore left wrist which started 2-3 hrs after finishing the ride. During the ride it’s fine. 1st time was 2 weeks ago, 2nd was yesterday -same pain ache. Most aggravated in the thumb/wrist join when holding a pint.
    After initially resting a few days it was fine on the 1hr road commute. I’m not new to biking having ridden fairly regularly for the last few yrs.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? any thoughts or comments before I bother the local (non-cycling) GP? cheers

Hairychested
    Free Member

Short of “too much self love” or “not enough of quality time alone” comments my experience tells me:
    – get gripshift (I did and had no issues),
    – ride singlespeed,
    – fit CF handlebars and do either 1 or 2.

lankysiwat
    Free Member

Thanks Muddypuddle and Hairychested. I’ve got a single ring on the front so the shifter’s not an issue. I’ve since ridden on the road this week and it’s been ok, so thinking either bumps or the extra weighting of the bars when cornering/downhilling.
    Interesting about your thumb comments. My jacket has thumb loops so I’ll not use those and maybe work on hand/grip strengthening.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Post ride wrist ache starting 2-3hrs after cycling. Any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.