Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Post ride recovery routine – what's yours?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

So, what do you do after a ride to ensure you recover as wel as you can?

In my case if Sunday's ride is anything to go by it's Kebab with some Naga Chilli pickle and a Beer – is this right???

foxyrider
    Free Member

[serious hat on] depends on the ride – enduro ride i.e. 50Km + – Usually plenty of fluid, Poss energy shake if I got one free, plenty of protein and carbs – steak and chips usually goes down nicely – alcohol makes me more sleepy and dehydrated 🙁 [/serious hat off]

pork vindaloo with double garlic naan and some scrumpy 😉

tron
    Free Member

You'd do better with 10 pints of bitter, a packet of pork scratchings and a knee trembler.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rs
    Free Member

pizza and beer seems to be far to regular an occurrence on the way back from a ride these days, plenty of carbs to refuel your muscles and throw on some meat and there's your protein to help repair them 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

After a big ride, anything I can find in the fridge followed by a sleep, followed by beer & curry

BigJohn

After our Thursday night rides I always have a couple of pints of Stella and everything in the pub that's salt & vinegar or pickled onion flavour.

I don't know why I have stella – it's the only time of the week I have lager instead of cask beer.

jedi

naga curry and beers for me 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

rego bannana flavour recovery drink/compression tights/stretch warmdown routine/sports massage/protein shake/complex carbohydrate meal with small amount of protein (fish or chicken) then sleep (wear compression tights in bed)

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Hot Cross buns does it for me 😀

rootes1

nice hot bath with a drop of dettal in it

then tea + jammie dodgers

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Eating immediately after exercise is probably more important than exactly what you eat. I just eat whatever is at hand.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bottle of chocolate milk, maybe a bit of food.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Irn-Bru

Townfox
    Free Member

beer and a ciggy…

followed by a LARGE roast dinner

robhughes
    Free Member

roast dinner after gt today.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

2 pints of juice/water
    hot shower/stretch
    cool shower
    whatever food is on the go

steve_b77
    Free Member

If it's a big one then choccy protein shake, then another one 2hrs later of before I go to bed – which ever come first.

A nice meal usually involving chicken, loads of veg and pasta or rice then some sleeps 😀

If it's a normal trail centre type ride, then whatever the service station/garage has in the way of Ginsters

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Post ride recovery routine – what's yours?’ is closed to new replies.