Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Post-ride recovery (any ‘hangover magic’ cures?)
  • hora
    Free Member

Of course, water, rest and food. Anything like a concoction (to deal with loss of salts/dehydration etc) that you can take?

Magic bullet you say?

robbo1234biking

We tend to have a couple of pints and some spicy chicken wings and nacho’s at the local after our rides at the moment. Dont think it is particuarly good for you mind!

sofatester
    Free Member

Pint of water with rehydration salts, then a pint of milk. Both within 10mins of getting off the bikes. Pretty grim but does the job.

hora
    Free Member

Had one pint of ale after the ride at 4pm yesterday then spent the next 5hrs really struggling to stay awake 🙁

porterclough
    Free Member

Shandy and crisps. It’s got everything you need…

cxi
    Free Member

Milkshake seems to be the daddy for post-ride.

Pay top money for the posh For Goodness Shakes ones or go for good ol’ Kazoo or Friji.

Somebody posted some links recently (on here) comparing Friji, FGS nutrion wise.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beer + Tate & Lyle’s golden Syrup cake.

Thread closed.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

pork pie, orange lucozade (fizzy), maybe a snickers if i want a treat – always sorts me out

Ripley
    Free Member

Anyone got any magic ride recovery cures that are non-dairy? Struggling at the mo with training and recovery – most things I’ve read suggest milkshakes of one kind or another, which I can’t have.

MrSmith
    Free Member

SIS rego (the banana flavour is not too bad)

Haze

Scotch Egg, Ale.

enfht
    Free Member

I agree with pork pies, must be all that pork jelly goodness 🙂

meeeee
    Free Member

another vote for SIS rego – but i prefer the choc or strawberry flavour

Brainflex

apparently chocolate milk is as good as if not better than any commercial recovery drink. Information gained from Bike magazine, cannot rememeber which issue but was this years.

RepacK
    Free Member

Banana & a cup of tea?

coopersport1
    Free Member

High 5 Recovery gets my vote can be made with or without milk, get 2 servings down, 1 within 20mins and one more within the hour. Finished Trek marathon on sunday got that down my neck felt as well as could be expected on Monday.
    I def makes a difference.

uplink
    Free Member

I could never get that SIS Rego to mix properly – it was always lumpy/gritty

Asda’a own brand [Breaktime] milkshakes seem to have everything you need for mucho cheapness

For the strawberry one
    500g
    260 kcal
    17g Protien
    46.5g Carb
    0.5g fat
    0.3g Sodium
    660mg Calcium

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Plenty of tea and cakes followed by a shower & a siesta for an hour works here in Spain

votchy
    Free Member

A kebab and a couple of pints of stella

Drac

Bag of salted peanuts and water.

hora
    Free Member

High 5 Recovery and SisRego – no ‘side affects’?

alan-sierracycling I bet its fookin hot where you at at the moment!

slimtubing
    Free Member

banana cake, pot o tea and steak and cheese pie.

shortcut

Another vote here for milkshakes etc.

Always been inclined towards these before reading that it was a good idea. I do tend to hit a petrol station on the way home for bigger rides to get one of these.

Altenatively syrup pud and custard is very good, especially with beer.

MrSmith
    Free Member

alcohol is the worst thing for recovery. your liver has enough to deal with by having to restore the glycogen in your muscles and the liver itself after being depleated by intensive exercise, and then you give it some alcohol to deal with.
    i guess if you are just going for a pootle in the woods with lots of stopping then there is no real ‘recovery’ needed.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Post-ride recovery (any ‘hangover magic’ cures?)’ is closed to new replies.