Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Post-ride food that contains protein
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nut Butter is full of yummy protein.

jimmy

(Pint of milk + raw egg + banana whizzed up) = for goodness shakes – (cost + poncey marketing)

Or at least is what I've done for years.

juiced
    Free Member

Rolls with cottage cheese. Milk.

Jamie
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart:

Moretti kicking in i see.

KT1973
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

😀

hilldodger
    Free Member

Oat/rice based biscuits and some type of nut butter will contain enough protein to act as a good post ride snack.
    You'd also be getting low GI carbs and unsaturated fats (both of which are good).

A small poly box and a freezer pack will keep milk based shakes fresh and tasty for at least 6-8 hours….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would I get a ban if I suggested that salty fluids are good at preventing post ride cramps?

😉

Coat on, already on the way back to the fridge for another

DrP

Elaine – In reality, I'm sure 99% of people on here don't need to replace tonnes of protein following most rides! Getting any sort of half decent food in you after the ride would be good – I wouldn't worry about eating fancy things, a basic sarnie or noodle salad would be all you need!

DrP

aracer
    Free Member

I don't for one

Well you would now if you could actually bear to put your cynicism away for a moment and pay attention.

Marmite sandwiches, or you can even get marmite muesli bars now, which are significantly cheaper than "proper" recovery bars with just as much protein (I'm still trying to decide whether those are nice or not though, and I like Marmite).

cinnamon_girl

So many replies, thank you! Interesting suggestions too, particularly from those who do not worry about ambient temperatures for foodstuffs. 😉

My favourite so far is rice pudding so … who makes the best? In a carton/tub rather than a tin preferably.

I use energy drink which does rather bloat me so a small sandwich for lunch is sufficient. But my diet is rather deficient in protein so it would make sense to have it when my body actually needs it after a ride.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But my diet is rather deficient in protein

your body recycles its protein, you only need to eat enough to replace what rubs off, grows out or gets secreted* – unless you're actively building new muscle.

* including babies

juan
    Free Member

Pizzaladière… Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

solamanda
    Free Member

I tend to just eat something like half a packet of biscuits while driving home post ride. I then eat a protein rich meal within a few hours. Despite this time gap being much longer than the normal advice, I found since opting for higher protein meal I put on more muscle. Very useful for improving my DH strength.

yunki
    Free Member

muller rice is the good stuff.. I personally favour apple flavour..

I'm not too keen on Ambrosia.. Devon knows how they make it so creamy!? My Nan would have a few choice words to say about that..

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Post-ride food that contains protein’ is closed to new replies.