Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Post Race fluids
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Evening folks,

Just after some advice. Finished a 3 hour race today, absolutely in pieces now but that I’m really struggling with is my thirst…

During the event I drank plenty of water and never actually felt thirsty whilst riding. I had x 2 energy gels also. Post event I have eaten well/lots and drank many pints of water but always feel thirsty to the point where I have a headache with it. It’s was pretty damn cold today so doubt I lost a lot of fluid through sweat. Would it make sense to have one of those electrolyte drinks now? Water just seems to go in and straight out, doesn’t quench my thirst much at all :-s

Any other tips?

Cheers

crikey
    Free Member

B
    E
    E
    R

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Nope, tried it, doesn’t work

crikey
    Free Member

M
    O
    R
    E
    B
    E
    E
    R

sillyoldman

Crikey is correct.

Kuco

I would suggest a protein/recovery shake but I wouldn’t want this to turn into a 5 page argument 🙂

eskay

Red wine does it for me.

pipiom
    Free Member

Buy some hemp protein in big proportions ( amazon) buy some glutamine ( my protein/ or Amazon) mix it before you ride with maybe a “zero high tab” or a 1/4 teaspoon of salt……as soon as your finished riding neck it………then more beeeeeeeeer

oldgit
    Free Member

I’d shove in an electrolyte. Would it be rude of me to assume this was your first race over that time?
    Shower and relax in a cool dark room.

Make sure you swish the drink around your mouth before swallowing.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Yazzo milkshake.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Post Race fluids’ is closed to new replies.