Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Post mount to IS numpty Q
  • antigee

Reba forks with postmount – old formular b4 brakes IS 140mm rotors

will a Hope PS to IS 140 adaptor work – looked on Merlin site and says something vague like will work with most brakes or do i need to look for Formular specific

thanks

funkynick

Because it's a 140mm front caliper it'll just be mounted straight onto the standard IS disc mounts on the fork, so to attach them to the Rebas you'll need to find a 160 front PM to IS adaptor, which are usually as rare as hens teeth, usually you can only find ones which add 20mm onto the disc size…

So, you could try using one of them and fitting a 160mm disc…

STATO
    Free Member

old formular b4 brakes IS 140mm rotors

Pretty sure they were 160mm front, 140mm back.

IS caliper -> Post mount fork will need this adaptor. Note that this means you will need to run a 180mm rotor (assuming you had a 160mm before) as the mount adds 20mm to your rotor size.

so to attach them to the Rebas you'll need to find a 160 front PM to IS adaptor, which are usually as rare as hens teeth

Thats cos they dont exist :0)

antigee

sorry wrong info just been and measured and front is a 160mm rotor

so a supplementary numpty q
    – think i get above the size of the postmount plus adaptor will add 20mm
    to position of caliper so will need bigger rotor

very happy to keep my old brakes as i'm not too heavy, pads are easy to change and i never have to bleed – so [numpty?]can i just use the existing caliper with a 20mm bigger rotor? (plus a PS to IS 160mm Hens Teeth adaptor)?[/numpty]

funkynick

STATO.. the adaptors do exist… I have one on a set of forks at home, running 160mm B4's on a Manitou fork with PM. Got the fork off someone on here ages ago and initially thought I was going to have to get an adaptor and new disc, but the adaptor came with the fork, and it all just bolted up perfectly and no need for a new disc.

But I'll agree on the hens teeth not existing… 😉

funkynick

antigee… yes, the existing caliper will work just fine with an adaptor and 180mm disc.

antigee

thanks

tried googling for a formula specific but no joy so will try this Hope Post to IS 160mm rotor adaptor http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13732 and then if caliper looks right but need a bigger rotor will fit – at least i now know the rotor size may be a problem as well as the adaptor!

STATO
    Free Member

antigee that is the wrong adaptor, that one is for IS forks and Post mount calipers. You need the one i posted earlier and a bigger rotor, trust me, there is no other way to do it, sorry.

antigee

thanks STATO – see what you mean – i've got the logic back to front on how they are described – i hate those little green links have to read carefully

STATO
    Free Member

sorry should have made it BOLD ;0)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Post mount to IS numpty Q’ is closed to new replies.