Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Post Mount Standard Dimension
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I need a drawing showing the standard dimensions of a rear Post Mount brake mount for a standard 160mm rotor.
    ie dims from wheel axle and inside face of the dropout.
    Can anyone help?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

no-one knows where to look?

coatesy
    Free Member

Had a couple in the shop recently, if I get a chance later i’ll measure one up(no promises though.)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leffeboy

Does this help at all. I know that it is for the the front fork but I imagine that the spacings would be the same or you could measure to verify.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

On this page they have

INDUSTRY STANDARD MOUNTS
    1. Post Mount
    2. Front IS
    3. Front 20mm IS
    4. Rear IS
    5. Rear Installation IS 160mm
    6. Rear Installation IS 180mm
    7: Hubs

but oddly no rear post mount drawing. Probably because the rear is the same as the front but rotated any amount you like.

MrTall
    Free Member

Rear post mount is quite rare isn’t it?

I have it on both of my Salsa’s but even they i think have gone back to IS mount now. Shame, it’s quite neat.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks Nicknoxx.
    I’m getting a new pair of sliding dropouts made to try and cure my belt-drive issues, so i thought I might aswell incorporate the post mount on the non-drive side.

i think that on the whole its not cost-effective to include post-mounts on “normal” frames – much cheaper to machine IS mounts and bolt an adaptor in. But it should look a lot neater.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Might be a good idea to put a tension screw like the new dropouts have:-

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That looks exactly like the one I’ve drawn, but I’ve repositioned the bolt holes to allow an extra couple of mm in “chainstay” length so i can get a bit more tenion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Post Mount Standard Dimension’ is closed to new replies.