Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Post Lemsips/over the counter pharma to Germany- 'legal'?
  • hora
    Free Member

German friend who had lived in the UK for years wants them (along with other UK bits n bobs) and prefers to the alternatives available in Germany. Is it legal to post???? Or treated as illegal/even narco????

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Tread carefully. The rules around license requirement are complicated.

Remember Lemsip has paracetamol on it which is quantity controlled by many countries and requires a pharmacist release even though its OTC to avoid potential for accidental overdose.

Having said that chemistdirect.co.uk seem to deliver to Europe. But the buyer will be restricted on quantity due to the paracetamol content.

MSP

I take it he has only returned to germany recently. Access to bacon will soon become his greatest pharmaceutical need.

bigG
    Free Member

Buy loads of lemsip, remove from the packaging, pack the contents in clear plastic ziplock bags, package up in .5kg bundles and then post them.

What can go wrong? Customs won’t be even slightly suspicious I’m sure

hora
    Free Member

MSP yep.

passtherizla
    Free Member

The Germans banned Bacon?

chakaping
    Free Member

Buy loads of lemsip, remove from the packaging, pack the contents in clear plastic ziplock bags, package up in .5kg bundles and then post them.

No, put it in tied-up condoms inside your bum and “mule” the stuff there personally.

Don’t shave for a week and drink loads of coffee before you go through customs.

And if there’s no customs channel to go through, fly via Colombia to get there.

hora
    Free Member

Im guessing Paracetamol products in Germany? I was supposed to go over for NYs. A couple of boxes in the car would have been normal.

vickypea
    Free Member

Another consideration is that you’d need to be sure that any OTC meds that he wants you to send are approved for use in Germany. For example, sending codeine to Greece would be illegal as it is banned there.

Pook

I tried to buy some ibuprofen in italy last year. 16 x 500mg.

It cost £20!

I think you’ll get arrested Mark.

mattbee

I bought some Ibuprofen in Spain this year, got given 60 (yep, 60!) 500mg tablets for around 8 Euro. I only had an achy knee…

Jamie
    Free Member

What can go wrong? Customs won’t be even slightly suspicious I’m sure

Don’t forget to put a return address on the package.

Cougar

It’s paracetemol and phenylephrine (sp?) – whilst ‘Lemsip’ (presumably) isn’t available in Germany, those drugs must be surely?

A.

DrJ

By Internet you’re restricted to something like 3-4 packets of Lemsip, and the postage is silly so it’s not worth it.. My sister sends me stuff like that all the time and I don’t see any problem.

(Strange if codeine is banned in Greece, as you can buy almost anything without a prescription – Xanax, for example)

vickypea
    Free Member

In Greece, codeine is classed as an opiate, with heroin.
    I know the ingredients of lemsip seem innocuous to us, a lot of OTC cold meds like actives and sudafed are restricted in some countries, including Japan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Post Lemsips/over the counter pharma to Germany- 'legal'?’ is closed to new replies.