Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Post illness riding
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Had some flu / cold like bug which put me on my ass last Monday/Tuesday. Been OK since about Thursday apart from a bit of head congestion but have found that doing anything remotely strenous – such as running short distances (normally after my kids) or running up the stairs my heart starts pounding.

As I'm near the end of this should I go out for a gentle ride to blow the cobwebs out or leave it for a bit?

MrNutt
    Free Member

go for a pootle today, then if you don't feel like you're dying, tomorrow up the pace a little

hora
    Free Member

Bushwacked- I rode Sat am- really worn out and knackered. Lasted 10mins and sacked it off and came home.

Yesterday I did the same and rode strongly/felt fine and could have done double what I rode.

It could be stress or mild depression. Have your blood pressure taken. If you are stressed recently it could be raising your blood pressure and leading to the above?

Dr Hora J Quack 🙂

Drac

If your heart didn't start 'pounding' after/when doing those you'd feel a lot worse.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Might go for a gentle one up the hill, off to Ireland for two days so I can chill then if I feel rough. 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

back from a gentle ride – felt fine on the bike – bit shakey now but it felt so good to be riding 🙂

Drac

Whoop!

I had a sniffly cold thing the other week and carried on working, felt awful on the Friday and Saturday with a road ride planned on the Sunday. Woke the Sunday morning and thought I to hell with the cold and rode a cracking 54 miles, felt grand.

BoardinBob

After a bout of typhoid and 5 days in hospital I was off the bike for about 3 weeks but came back better than before.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gently does it. Gentle exercise is good, hard exercise is bad in this situation IMO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Post illness riding’ is closed to new replies.