• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Post flu/viral- feel distant/not there on descents – help
  • hora
    Free Member

Ok 4th week and feeling alot better. I.e I can pedal the bike normally/don’t feel knackered after 200m’s like I was a couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday I was fine on the climbs, I actually climbed better than I did before I was ill! I felt mentally strong, no issues with fitness- scampered up the hills.

But… on every descent I felt ‘distant’/not quite there/remote feeling (if thats the right way to describe it). Felt almost like I would be dangerous as slow to react etc.

Help- anyone had anything similar?????? 😐

twang
    Free Member

scampered up the hills

Witnesses or it didn’t happen 🙂

julians
    Free Member

Its your new frame,its head angle isnt quite right, or maybe its the top tube length?

mogrim

Perhaps you need to change the fork?

ebennett

Yeah, had something similar about 2 years ago after a bug. Not much for it but to take it easy and just gradually work your way back to full fitness. Annoyed the hell out of me at the time!

Suggsey
    Free Member

I get that feeling with low blood sugars (I am diabetic on meds) but also if my asthma is subtly playing up…..a quick drag on the inhaler normally restores oxygen intake levels and mental clarity.
    Oxygen debt I would imagine would give similar heady feelings. Take the climbs a bit steadier until you’re back to full fitness.

legspin
    Free Member

feel distant/not there

Is that not how you normally post on here?

scruff
    Free Member

Pebbles on the floor?

martinhutch

Blood sugar low following the climb up to the top of the descent. Maybe eat a bit more before and during exertion.

IanMunro
    Free Member

old age.

Euro
    Free Member

What you need is a discounted biking holiday somewhere warm.

hora
    Free Member

Agree

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Post flu/viral- feel distant/not there on descents – help’ is closed to new replies.