Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Post exercise knackeredness
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Finding I’m struggling the day after exercise and not sure what is causing it.

OK on the day, can ride or whatever for a good period of time, but next day I feel groggy and run down.

Not sure if it is fatigue or whether it’s nutrition related but either way its doing my head in. Any ideas?

elliptic
    Free Member

Underlying virus / lurgy of some sort?

ojom
    Free Member

Do less?

zilog6128

eat more

pedalhead
    Free Member

Worth checking that you’re properly re-hydrated.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Admittedly, did drink more beer than water after snowboarding yesterday.

Nutritionally what does everyone eat after to promote recovery?

Is it more protein or carbs???

pedalhead
    Free Member

Personally, I don’t find a lack of either makes me feel crap the following day, but not drinking quite a lot of water definitely does. What kind of duration/intensity rides are we talking about?

ojom
    Free Member

I was serious though it probably doesn’t come across as such/

Lower your instensity to a level where you feel better after and work up from there IN SMALL increments of effort.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

This was from snowboarding yesterday for 2 hours (average HR 91bpm, maxHR 130) – If I do any less I’ll be stood still.

I do go out for 2-3 hour MTB rides too which are a lot higher intensity – MaxHR 180 and AverageHR 140-150.

I should add that I’ve recently recovered from CFS.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I don’t know what cfs is.
    As to any excercise, make it a habit to drink a 500ml bottle every hour and buy yourself a box of gels and eat two every hour you’re riding. It’s no hassle and I bet you feel better the next day.
    When you’ve finished, order a pint of water and some peanuts at the bar to go with your first pint.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers. CFS is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or ME as it is sometimes known.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Sorry for entirely inappropriate thread hijack but any chance you could drop me an e-mail Bushwacked? (becky_kirk(AT)hotmail(DOT)com)

Cinnamon Girl suggested you might be able to advise as to the use of mindfulness with coping with long term health problems etc.?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Becky – YGM

drofluf
    Free Member

Bushwacked – Member
    This was from snowboarding yesterday for 2 hours (average HR 91bpm, maxHR 130) – If I do any less I’ll be stood still.

I do go out for 2-3 hour MTB rides too which are a lot higher intensity – MaxHR 180 and AverageHR 140-150.

When did you last snowboard? If it was last season it could simply be that whilst you’re cycling fit in snowboarding you’ll be using different muscle grops that aren’t as fit?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Post exercise knackeredness’ is closed to new replies.