Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Post crash behavior survey:
  • maxtorque

You crash on a tricky section of trail, do you:

1) immediately go back and ride it again without crashing to show yourself that you can
    2) Mentally “leave it for another day” and ride it again when you are feeling better (ie, on a “good” riding day, rather than an “off” day)
    3) Never ride that bit of trail again because of the crash?

I’d say mostly #2 for me

(i am assuming of course that you didn’t spanner yourself so badly in the crash that the only option was medical assistance rather than attempting it again…….. 😆 )

rOcKeTdOg

Come round in the paramedics car

oldtalent
    Free Member

Its usually jumps I fail on & sits between 2 & 3, probably nearer 3. One day..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

If it’s something I’ve ridden before 1
    If it’s my first go at something new 1 or 2 depending on how close I was to cleaning it/ if i’d injured myself.

parkesie
    Free Member

Shake it off look at what went wrong and have another go or carry on and try another day

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

4, Ride it again and crash a second time (or mince again) 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If it’s something I’ve ridden before 1
    If it’s my first go at something new 1 or 2 depending on how close I was to cleaning it/ if i’d injured myself.

I agree with Stu.

Back soon. Just got to go and have a shower.

Unclean…..unclean….unclean……

singlespeedstu

😀

mrhoppy

I have an over optimised sense of self preservation so tend to wuss out before I crash. So anytime I do it tends to be because I’ve just spanners something simple which I don’t feel the need to re ride to ‘prove to myself’ that, I can.

jamj1974

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t tend to bother with slow crashes, usually just go for the high speed wipeouts on smoother trails, so

4) limp back to the car to count the number of limbs requiring surgery to re-attach, ride again in 2-3 months.

Otherwise 1, I usually know if I’m “on it” and wouldn’t have tried the first time if I wasn’t confident.

debaser

5. Get up and sheepishly look around to check that nobody witnessed your inept riding.

MSP

5. Get up and sheepishly look around to check that nobody witnessed your inept riding.

and if someone is following you with a go pro, murder them to death.

opusone
    Free Member

1. I’m notorious amongst my friends for being very disinterested in my personal safety.

I once did 1) after a crash which (I found out later) involved a broken rib. What I’m less proud of was the fact that on that particular occasion I only crashed because I’d forgotten to drop my seatpost.

Junkyard
    Free Member

6. realise i have broken my ribs in the same place again
    Check for other injures once I am sure i can breathe
    Realise i have to get back on the bike before the adrenalin wears out

Ride home making michael jackson type yelps at every obstacle

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Get up and carry on, if I were to ride the route again I’ll probably be a bit more careful next time but i wouldn’t seek it out in order to get it right.

zerocool

Option 1, otherwise I get the fear. Unless I’ve managed to break myself, and then I’ll try it straight away next time

philjunior
    Free Member

Mostly 1 or 2 but currently off the bike with a broken wrist after a crash.
    Of course I’ll be back to nail that bit of trail.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Post crash behavior survey:’ is closed to new replies.