Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Post a full bike- who/cost and trust not to break?
  • hora
    Free Member

Never posted a bike before and fear it’ll be treated like a airport baggage handler.

Any recomendations and cost?

duff
    Free Member

Senditnow (Parcelforce) was about £12 collected from my door.

Just pack it extremely well with lots of bubble wrap. It weighs nothing and protects against scratching – ensure as little movement as possible within the box, it probably won’t spend much time upright…

hora
    Free Member

Thanks, it says +£30-40 extra to insure it extra.

hopefiendboy

Yup cheapest I could find was about 40 all in to send a bike box insured to the value of the bike (500)

cloudnine
    Free Member

There was a special offer through parcel to go using DPD

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had mine shipped to and fro a few times lately back to crc. They use parcelforce and there’s not been a mark on the box.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Just used UPS to bring one from germany, excellent service.
    Tried it with P4D, after a week they had not even attempted to collect it, chased em loads, eventually they said they couldn’t do it, couldn’t give me a reason why and needed to refund me…..great no new bike for glentress trip. Won’t use em again ever!

scotroutes

Most of it is down to the packing. We send/receive hundreds of bikes a year with TNT. The only damage we’ve experienced is those that have been badly packed on despatch to us. We’ve not lost one (yet) either.

If you have a friendly LBS they might agree to use their contracted delivery company and even provide decent packing materials that would otherwise be binned.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Post a full bike- who/cost and trust not to break?’ is closed to new replies.