Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Possibly stupid question about supermarket sausage rolls
  • thebunk

codswallap about sausage rolls being bad for you….

You could probably toast them there will be that much bread in the buggers.

…some more codswallap about sausage rolls being bad for you

Erm…has anyone tried toasting a sausage roll yet?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why is the last post saying it was 21 minutes ago from the bunk when the last post I can see is mine from 51 minutes ago?

Forum monkeys out stuffing their faces with sausage rolls?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aha there you are, you bitch.

teagirl
    Free Member

You’re slipping, Mastiles, the downhill slope. Last month it was healthy cereals, now its salty crisps and nasty bits of mushy pig (with added salt). Do you know the provenance of the sausage rolls, do you make them from scratch? It’s the only way unless you live in the real world 😉
    I’ve 3 kids and rarely make a meal that suits them all, it’s disheartening….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I know teagirl, but in our defence we DO good healthy food too (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

But I totally agree – it does depress you somewhat when they turn up their noses to the beautiful pasta pie and homemade shepherd’s pie and start crying. 🙁

But still, we get to feed off the scraps. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

But I totally agree – it does depress you somewhat when they turn up their noses to the beautiful pasta pie and homemade shepherd’s pie and start crying.

they eat whats put in front of them or go to bed hungry.
    No middle class child ever died of starvation. 🙄

thebunk

Toasting sausage rolls works! Well, sort of – it makes the pastry crispy, and didn’t set on fire, which is good. On the downside, the recycled animal hoof meat stayed cold, and I now feel a bit sick.

I might try toasting a scotch egg next, once the nausea goes…

IdleJon

carbon337 – Member
    Yes thats the point of sausages but supermarket sausage rolls only have about 10% meat content – if they are good ones.

My family run a butchers and our sausage rolls contain the same sausage as you buy over the counter in links. They are lovely.

No, no, no. You’ve completely missed the point! Sausage rolls should always be full of crap AND taste like they are. Just like tinned hot dog sausages MUST be rubbery and smell of that weird nitratey smell.

A proper sausage in pastry is just sausage in pastry, and a proper sausage in a finger roll covered in tomato sauce is just a sausage bap.

scaredypants

SAUSAGE

sossidge !!!

alexxx
    Free Member

SOSSIDGE

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tbhat maks no sence/ So suspirorer.

scaredypants

uh oh !

Is that drunkenfred or have you made yer keyboard all sticky somehow ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

they eat whats put in front of them or go to bed hungry.
    No middle class child ever died of starvation.

Aha this is correct, but it doesn’t stop them turning their noses up and crying does it?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Possibly stupid question about supermarket sausage rolls’ is closed to new replies.