Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Possibly obscure Honda Civic FK2 question
  • TheFlyingOx

So there’s a button for ‘aux’ input on the car, which doesn’t do owt. I’m thinking there’s an empty connector on the back of the head unit where a CD changer/etc. would connect and which we don’t have. Is there something that plugs in there that would allow me to connect my phone to the stereo ‘aux’ via bluetooth, and if not, why not?

bruneep

Something like this…did you even google it?

spooky_b329

No sockets in the centre arm rest storage?

TheFlyingOx

Nope, nothing like that bruneep. There are no sockets on the front of the stereo, and nothing in any cubby holes.
    I was thinking of something along the lines of this but for a Civic. Sticks into a socket on the back of the head unit, I guess, and fools the stereo into thinking there’s a CD changer installed. Can’t seem to find anything.

bruneep

You can take head unit out i did this to fit hands free phone kit. It did involve a removal of most of the dash tho. Back of head unit is the aux plug socket. Plug in and tape to head unit so it doesn’t rattle about.

Top faff factor tho, is it worth it?

TheFlyingOx

Well I do like my tunes. Stock stereo radio reception is a bit naff (at least in deepest darkest Fife), I own practically zero CDs, and it seems that changing the head unit itself is a gigantic pain in the hoop.

muddy@rseguy

Go and have a look on civinfo.com as there is a how to on this somewhere on the site.

You can get into the back of the head unit and fit a T connector so you can fit additional accessories to the car ( most likely is a combined usb/card reader/line in box). The how to for this involves the cunning use of a spatula to open up the dashboard! Otherwise a good car hifi shop can fit this all for you. You can also use a Honda dealer but they will charge a lot to fit this.

You can also get a third party bluetooth kit to plu into this that should also link to your phone.

Cougar

Sounds like you need one of those iTrip whosits.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Possibly obscure Honda Civic FK2 question’ is closed to new replies.