Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Possibly a stupid front derailleur question…
  • Sirlickalot
    Free Member

Just waiting on a new frame to transfer all my bits onto. It needs a high clamp, top pull derailleur. I’ve got an XT top pull one, but it’s a low tube clamp (below the top of the cage), and the cable clamp is on the non drive side, whereas the guide on the frame is on the drive side of the seat tube.

Would a dual pull ‘conventional’ one be right, as the tube clamp is above the cage, and the cable clamp is on the drive side? I can’t find one that is sold as ‘high clamp, top pull’.

Hope that makes sense.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its a top pull, conventional mech you need (and yes a dual-pull is fine) . I don’t think it matters where the cable stop it ont eh seat tube (drive or non-drive and the cable will just be at a slight diagonal (mine is like that and its fine).

BTW do you need a conventiional one – would you current XT mech be OK?

Sirlickalot
    Free Member

Looking at it I think it definitely needs the conventional one, but all I can find is dual pull conventional. Looks like the position of the cable stop would mean the cable will rub on the seat tube, and foul the derailleur mechanism.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Possibly a stupid front derailleur question…’ is closed to new replies.