Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Possible to be married in Germany?
  • hora
    Free Member

I think, from memory at least one of you has to hold a German identity card to allow you to be married in Germany? Is it possible for a EU national (with planning) to be married in Germany?

Any experiences? (Anyone want to offer me a proposal before its too late?) 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

No as it’s not a leap year 😉

hora
    Free Member

Oh. i can wait for you aleigh!

aleigh
    Free Member

your loss 😆

rOcKeTdOg

do you have blonde hair and blue eyes?

hora
    Free Member

Sadly no. I’d be more of a Sudeten German than a 👿 Arian.

alpin
    Free Member

ask on toytown forum. site for auslanders in germany.

DrJ

Is it possible for a EU national (with planning) to be married in Germany?

Surely – why wouldn’t it be?

On a slightly related topic, a friend living in Vienna married a German girl. To satisfy the German requirements, he had to get a “certificate of non-marriage”, to show he was not already married. Of course such a thing does not exist in the UK, but the Embassy in Vienna obliged by scribbling some suitable words on the back of an envelope, or whatever, and accompanied it with an official stamp, for the sum of 120 EUR. However, it transpired that this would not do, and he had to go back and get another certificate that said that not only was he not married to a woman, nor was he married to a man.

hora
    Free Member

and he had to go back and get another certificate that said that not only was he not married to a woman, nor was he married to a man. Fantastic! Class bit of Bureaucracy Teutonic style.

cp

two brit friends of mine got married in nz, without problem – neither of them had nz passports, or anything approaching nz residency!

uplink
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Possible to be married in Germany?’ is closed to new replies.