• This topic has 49 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • possible "stolen" Nicolai sighting
  • hora
    Free Member

But by buying cannabis in your own way your feeding crime and tax avoidance 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Euro
    Free Member

Why assume i buy it? I could be growing my own and what i don’t smoke i sell and give the money to charity. Or terrorist organisations.

chiefgrooveguru

Think we’ve been here before. Hora has his stance, and he’s lucky that his accommodation allows him to keep bikes in the house.

Yes but does he live in Fort Knox or just a typical dwelling? Most front or back doors are far easier to get past than heavy duty bike locks!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Yes but does he live in Fort Knox or just a typical dwelling? Most front or back doors are far easier to get past than heavy duty bike locks!

Frankly, I don’t care about Hora’s bikes. Mine are as safe as I can make them, in my present situation.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Or terrorist organisations.

I wouldn’t write that if I were you.

back doors are far easier to get past than heavy duty bike locks!

Euro
    Free Member

I wouldn’t write that if I were you.

It’s ok, i’ve paid off various senior police officers and politicians 😉

binners

I don’t have an issue with leaving my bike in the shed. Its got a couple of big locks on it. Wish I had room to keep a shit-covered bike in the house. I haven’t! Well… not all the time.

Having said that, the last time I had a bike nicked, they broke into my office where I’d left it overnight. Next to my desk. Decent secure office in town with CCTV, regular security patrols, card entry systems, the works. They came in at 3 in the morning, smashed down 2 sets of fire doors, and I got to watch the CCTV footage of some hoody-wearing scrote ride it off into the night. Oh… they took all our Macs at the same time.

The police took one look at the footage, nodded knowingly, and went to round up the usual suspects from the estate down the road. It was who they thought it was. We never got anything back!

The copper who nicked ’em said its all they do. Get up at lunchtime, then rob anything not nailed down, breaking into sheds, garages, offices of flats, unconstrained by any difference between them. One of them got sent down for 2 months (out in 4 weeks) for our office robbery, and a load more offences. The copper said they consider a few weeks in Strangeways as a bit of a break, they get out in the morning, after half a pitifully short sentence, and they’re back breaking into flats, offices and houses within the hour. Carry on until their next enforced break, and so it continues……

Depressing

Bregante

Pretty much as binners says.

My bigger concern with my bikes is letting as few people around me know what I’ve got and where I’ve got it.

If you regularly ride a nice expensive bike from your front door and leave it in your kitchen in full view through a window, or in the hallway just in sight of the front door – its at risk. Doesn’t matter if it’s in the house as opposed to the garage. They don’t plan on getting caught anyway so it’s largely irrelevant.

If you have bike carriers on your car roof you’re effectively advertising you have bikes which are more expensive perhaps than your next door neighbour.

If you wash your bike on your driveway in full view of people passing by, it’s at risk. I accept that some garages/sheds may be at greater risk of attack but that will largely be more to do with their particluar location so it is impossible to generalise hora.

The lad who founded Manchester Mountain Bikes had his bikes nicked from his kitchen a few years back. Nearly £10ks worth in total*. They broke in when he went out for less than two hours and was convinced that whoever it was must have seen him coming and going each day with his bikes and spotted him leaving the house so took the opportunity.

*I managed to get a couple back for him a couple of months later purely because I recognised them from a post on the forum.

hora
    Free Member

My bigger concern with my bikes is letting as few people around me know what I’ve got and where I’ve got it.

Yes- no bike rack and bike goes in and out of house asap. It is down to luck and the area but also. But I firmly stand by my next comment- If they come into my (or anyones) house they’ve got more than just a bike to pinch. It possibly also helps if you drive a shabby car and aren’t the best turned out (binners exempt).

Of course you know more than me bregante, far more but I’ve lived in some real crap areas (Huddersfield, Southampton, London, Croydon) etc and I partly believe its taking precautions as you’ve mentioned, having known the ****/grown up with them and a wee bit of luck. I do think sometimes crime follows some people around.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘possible "stolen" Nicolai sighting’ is closed to new replies.