Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Possible Stolen Bike spotted Midlands
  • looneylunn
    Free Member

I spotted a fella riding a very nice bright green full suss downhill bike and he got my suspicious bits jangling. It had yellow rims, white hubs, Mavics I think, black rock shox triple clamps. I have short video of him which I’d rather not make public, not that I know how to post a video on here.

The bike looked like a YT Capra or Spesh Demo but I only saw it for a few seconds. I’d guess it was less than three years old due to the Rock shox stickers being the up to date ones like on the new pikes.

I’m not sure what I can do but if anyone has had something matching the description stolen get in touch and I can send the video to you.

Might it be worth one of you looking at the video to verify the make and model to narrow things down?

For all I know he may be the owner but I thought it looked dodgy enough to make the effort to post on here.

ricky1
    Free Member

Nice to see someone takes note,I also keep my eyes out constantly,might have been the original owner but I know what you mean,I think we have a certain flair for spotting things what don’t seem kosher,I hope your wrong but with video evidence if it is nicked then it won’t be long reunited I’m sure.

looneylunn
    Free Member

Bump

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

What was it about him that made you suspicious?

scaled
    Free Member

I used to occasionally do the school run on my nukeproof mega, complete with trainers and SPD pedals.

You can tell i’m not a local toerag though, i cant wheelie

Klunk
    Free Member

midlands is a bit vague BTW

looneylunn
    Free Member

Mitsomonkey, it was a bit of a rough area and was wearing work clothes. If he had enough money to buy a nice DH bike he maybe had enough to buy a cheap commuter so he doesn’t wear out his nice DH bike. I maybe I’m wrong?

People on the estate have previous.

klunk, wednesburyish.

I can email you the video if you want. You can give me you opinion. It’s only a short clip.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Mitsomonkey, it was a bit of a rough area and was wearing work clothes. If he had enough money to buy a nice DH bike he maybe had enough to buy a cheap commuter so he doesn’t wear out his nice DH bike. I maybe I’m wrong?

Probably, maybe.
    I know a mechanic who used to ride his D/H bike to work and back in his overalls.

shermer75
    Free Member

I know a mechanic who used to ride his D/H bike to work and back in his overalls.

This is good to know. However, if Looneylunn’s post results in someone getting their bike back then it’s worth a try, right?

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed. If no one comes forward the OP isn’t going to confront the guy. So he can go on riding ‘his’ bike with nary a care in the world.

If someone says ‘that’s mine’, then it can be taken to the appropriate authorities. No harm in asking, even if your brother’s friend’s aunt’s mate’s dog walker rides a Session 9.9 to work.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Agreed, let’s round up a mob, ambush the lad, lassoo him and force him to explain why he doesn’t use a commuter bike (possibly a brompton or dahon) for his daily commute. Then explain to the chap commuting by bike is a middle class pursuit and he’s letting the side down awfully by not following the rules.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Possible Stolen Bike spotted Midlands’ is closed to new replies.