Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • possible stolen bike – kingston upon thames
  • hounslow
    Free Member

We’ve just had a bike come in for a couple niggly repairs and the bike, ‘owner’ and backstory don’t quite add up.
    The bike is a Vitus Rapide Two carbon fibre jobbie with a few modifications from stock and the owner is a dodgy fella who says it was in his shed for a year. Bike is mint and we have the his details on file from when we booked it in.
    As title says, this is possibly a stolen bike but i could be wrong.

empireofthefun
    Free Member

Contacting the old bill with frame number/description might be a good place to start as anyone who had lost one surely would have reported it

geetee1972
    Free Member

A close friend of mine had several high value bikes stolen in Kingston about a year ago. There were a spate of thefts at that time; people being targeted with the bikes being spotted on the roofs of cars driving around.

This one isn’t his, but it’s worth highlighting there was a big spate of thefts there.

For the record he had the following taken:

Spesh Carbon Enduro custom built with BOS forks, Haven alloy wheels, XT drive train and brakes.
    Spesh Allez carbon road bike, I think in white but can’t be sure.

They left the Ducati Desmo which is worth around £60k so they clearly came in for the bikes not just prospecting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘possible stolen bike – kingston upon thames’ is closed to new replies.